spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PJ

@bhn.net

[Tampa] Free PPV for a week from RR message?

So I got this strange message this morning and I'm thinking it has to be a scam. Anybody else see a message like this recently?

----------

Hello! RR Customer,

We are giving away Pay Per View (PPV) for FREE! For a whole week starting now. All you have to do is
goto the follow link below and confirm you would like to receive PPV for a whole week FREE.

»n24.cm/P6eSrZmyemailadress@tampabay.rr.com

Regards,
Roadrunner Cable Services

----------

I didn't click on the link. I don't trust anything if it's too good to be true in this looks too good to be true.

-Paul from Tampa

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:140

1 edit

Do NOT click on the link or give them any information. Please forward the entire msg including headers to BHNtechXpert@mybrighthouse.com

Let me add to this... if you receive an email claiming your service will be suspended or turned off for any reason with a link also forward those to me with complete headers and then delete.

PJ

@bhn.net

I figured. Will do. Thanks.

Paul from Tampa

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PJ

Thank you for sending everything. We have addressed the issue. Anyone else getting these things you guys need to let me know with all the details please.

Mikool777

@bhn.net

I was sent the same email. I will delete it also, just wanted to check if anyone reported it.

Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PJ

Yes we are aware of it. Just delete it and do not navigate to the link. Also forward the entire msg including headers to abuse@rr.com

meebers

@bhn.net

I got the email also. Immediately sent it to abuse@rr.com. Received reply from them wanting the header info only in plain text. Sent it off, hope it helps. Noticed that it had a rr.com address as the sender.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PJ

Yes we NEED you to send the complete email including headers to abuse@rr.com