Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Raiding] DS10 Fun Run: All paladins

said by DarkLogix:

Ya I was wondering how you were going to do that fight.

some napkin math ((goriona health)*(Power of the Aspects deBuff)-(dmg from the skyfire))*75% (she flies away at 25%) / 5 retadins

((13,313,260)*(0.70)-5M)*0.75 / 5 = 647,892.3
that's a tall order for retadins limited to judgment and exorcism without censure.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya I figured, sure a pali can ranged DPS the jousting in the Argent tournament grounds (it makes that daily go WAY faster to have a DPS'er there while you're doing the quest)

but I figure DPS'ing an actual boss mob like that wouldn't be reasonable.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

Ya I was wondering how you were going to do that fight.

some napkin math ((goriona health)*(Power of the Aspects deBuff)-(dmg from the skyfire))*75% (she flies away at 25%) / 5 retadins

((13,313,260)*(0.70)-5M)*0.75 / 5 = 647,892.3
that's a tall order for retadins limited to judgment and exorcism without censure.

I believe they would be doing this on normal? I don't recall why you'd be factoring 3 healers for warmaster, especially 3 holy pally's. 2 max and 1 ILVL 400 holy pally can heal normal. I'd go for two as there would probably be a lot of moving around due to purple zones and whatnot. so dps would jump a bit with 6 retadins instead of 5.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
seems there is a segment of the population that has been ignoring Goriona for a while... who knew? not THIS guy, lol.
»www.stoodinfire.com/2011 ··· -normal/

So that is what we will do. Now the only scary parts will be Fiery grip on Spine and the blisterings on Kalecgos platform.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

Nick D

Premium Member

Idea: roll with two tentacles up after a plate lift. That way you guarantee the active tentacle is at the top of the plate for easy switch-and-break.

After the roll you kill one side or the other to get your amalg and have at it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

Click for full size
OT stands in the water, just beyond where the orb spawns
Click for full size
MT moves around boss but stays close to his feet
Click for full size
When ready (10/11 stacks) have OT back up, pop CD and bounce it so the MT doesn't have to move.
I like it. I also thought I'd share drawings of the zon'ozz strat. Marvel at my artistic skills. 2 Black phases at 10 stacks each should be more than enough for a win. Tanks can swap out so their CDs are fresh for the "solo bounce" to start black phase. We did it with 3 heals last night and one of our healers was bored to death, lol. We did 2x5stack black phases, and 1x10stack where he died as soon as black phase started. Health bars only moved on dispels, not really from ball bouncing.
Immer

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I tend to be cautious. If we wipe due to dps, and not to healers going /oom, then I'll have a healer switch to ret.

edit: and if we are ordering heroic geared pallys... I'll take 5 retadins in 401 gear and nothing will be a challenge.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

1 recommendation

bTU

said by Immer:

and if we are ordering heroic geared pallys... I'll take 5 retadins in 401 gear and nothing will be a challenge.

What's the NSN for those? Could use one or two for some extra heroic attempts, we're stuck on 5/8 H even with the nerf.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Okay, so Divine Shield makes the paladin immune to damage, which also makes the ball NOT bounce off of you. So don't use that, lol.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

Immer send me whisper if you need a ret/holy for this.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by saillaw:

That would have to wait for MoP when DS opens up for RealID Raiding. But will do, man.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

BTW any word on if 5.0.4 will open DS to realid?

or will it be the later 5.0.x for the actual MoP release?

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by saillaw:

That would have to wait for MoP when DS opens up for RealID Raiding. But will do, man.

/doh ! I forgot about that