spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bandito

join:2003-01-23

Shaw PVR Question and portability

Just wanted to know if I can take my PVR DCT6416 III to the cottage where there is no Shaw cable? Would it work to play all my pre-recorded programs?

kevinds

join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:2

2 edits

No,

If there is not an active Shaw cable connection when/where you power up the PVR, or if the PVR is not activated, you will not have access to the PVR's recordings.

I have tested this with Bell, and it does work, after switching to Shaw, you can no longer do this.

Edit: To respond to the deleted post, you can test this by disconnecting the incoming cable line and the power from your PVR... Wait a minute or so - it will be unplugged for hour or more while transporting to your cottage.. and powering back up without the cable line attached, as it will be at your cottage, you can verify (and simulate) the conditions there.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

xcalibur2572

@shawcable.net
reply to Bandito

Yes, mostly definately. I have the old Motorola PVR and the new Gateway. Had to switch the cable feed to the Gateway. The old Motorola still plays the recordings saved to the HD.

Cheers!
- xcalibur

kevinds

join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:2

Has your Motorola been powered off, since switching the cable line to the Gateway?
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

lostspaceman

join:2012-07-26
T3N0K7
reply to Bandito

I had some issues a few weeks back where my cable would go out for a few hours at a time and I could still watch my pre-recorded shows on my moto 3416... I don't think the box was powercycled though so kevinds could be right still.

Bandito

join:2003-01-23
reply to kevinds

That's a great suggestion Kevin, I don't know why i didn't think of it.