uniqs

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt

Re: [CDV] On-Screen Caller ID Won't Work (RNG 200N DVR)

Well, its not the exact same problem, but I've had CDV since May 18th, and caller ID has never worked on any of the TV's in my house.

I started a new thread here on my issues.

»[CDV] Caller ID on TVs not working

Does yours work without the DVR in place? Like if you have just a normal cable box, does it show up on your TV? Unless you have already tried that of course, just trying to rule out if its a caller id problem, or an issue with your DVR directly.

Also, have you tried caller id on your computers? There is a link to download the app from comcast's webpage, and I cannot get that to work either. It installs fine, it connects without errors (so I know my username and password is correct), but when a call comes in...nothing happens.

--Brian

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Doesn't work on my other boxes either (2 RNG 150's) - figuring it's another back office problem - since it took 3 weeks just get my voicemail indicator to work until someone actually took the time to research it.

And, as you said - the PC app doesn't work either. I'm logged in, authenticated, but nada.
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Success!

So almost 3 months after my install - I finally have CID working on all of my boxes.

After researching the Comcast sponsored forums, I sent an email to we_can_help@comcast.com

My account was missing some type of code - and a few hours later - boom - Caller ID on all of my STB's.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to plencnerb

MVM

to plencnerb

Re: [CDV] On-Screen Caller ID Won't Work (RNG 200N DVR)

The PC app has a known issue (several, actually). Comcast is aware of the problem. The stumbling block is that the app was written by a 3rd party, and Comcast is expecting the next release sometime in October. The 3rd party has already provided two fixes that did not fix the problems.

All of the above is information not known by anyone in Comcast customer service, which is why you get all kinds of misinformation when you call. I found out because I contacted ComcastSteve (who didn't know about this), who referred my call to the Executive Team (who didn't know about this), who eventually referred my call to the National Support Team. I got a call over Labor Day weekend from a developer at Comcast who is working on the problem. He is the one who told me about the 3rd party, etc. They have two National tickets open on this problem, mine being one of them. I did let ComcastSteve and my contact on the Executive Team know about all of this.

Anyway, I have the developer's phone number and work schedule, and I will contact him some time in October. I will post back on this forum (in a new thread) when I find out anything.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

owlyn See Profile,

Thanks to your efforts, wee know why the PC app does not work. (I actually remember you posting this in another thread as well). I look forward to any updates you can provide on this side of things.

However, have we figured out why Caller ID on the TV's don't work?

It is now the end of September, and Caller ID does not work on any TV's in my house. As I said, I added Comcast Digital Voice back on May 18th.

Should I do what JeepMatt did, or is there a better way to resolve that issue. What concerns me is that if it is a code, why was it not set correctly when I signed up for phone service with Comcast back in May? I would think that would be part of the standard steps that would take place on my account.

--Brian

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Brian-
Definitely email them. I had phone reps reboot my EMTA 32 times thinking it would fix it.

But I literally sent that email around 8am, got a phone call at Noon from the team, got another call at 3pm from a Senior Tech - and by 6pm it was working. Both reps had to add some type of "code" to my account, as the Caller ID feature for some reason was not active.

Best thing I ever did. I know, the little things...