uniqs

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

[Bill] Cost for Blast + TV

Comcast is offering a new customer promotion selling Blast + which is Blast and the basic TV package for $49./first 6 months.

This house has never had Cable TV but was wired to the curb cable pedestal with RG6 Coax. The coax of course has never been terminated in the pedestal.

I understand the basic service will have some BS fees and taxes but will they typically charge for a truck roll for the initial install?
Do they charge a monthly "set top" box rental fee for basic cable? I will be supplying my own modem.

If it makes any difference, the zip code is 19975, which is near Fenwick Island.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

GENERALLY....

Install will range from $20-$60, depending if you are adding new outlets. If everything is already prewired on the inside, you can ask for them just to ship you the equipment ($10-$15) can you can hook it up yourself.

There is usually one cable box included in all TV packages. You may have to pay for extra boxes per TV, but its worth to ask on the call.

I would recommend trying to get ahold of one of the door to door guys (make sure to get an inhouse Comcast, not a contractor), as they can generally give the best prices on installation

Also, just a heads up, make sure that your modem is a cable modem (DSL modems will not work) and is Docsis3 compatible.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Thanks. Yes I realize a cable modem is required.

Never have had cable to the house. As far as the install costs, The internal cables are all in place, and terminated. However a splitter will be required and outside work for the placement/grounding of the demarc and pedestal termination and connection.

Good to hear no fee for the "box". Are the signals in the clear and capable of being received by the TV tuner or has Comcast encripted? Just trying to reduce the clutter in the TV cabinet... PS3, Roku, Router, DirecTV, AV receiver, DVD player etc.
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
Netgear WNR3500L

bgoodbody to pende_tim

to pende_tim
compatabile modems are listed here: »mydeviceinfo.comcact.net

If you get triple play you will require an eMta and be charged $7.00 per month for it, but it will also take care of cable modem need.
vandergraff2
join:2005-10-17

vandergraff2 to pende_tim

to pende_tim
I recently moved from Verizon DSL/Phone to Comcast HSI.

The house is 60 years old and never had cable.

I was pleaseantly surprised the installation fee was $25 - which included running a new cable line from the pole accross the road to the house and then running the line though crawl space and along an outside wall to the far side of the house.

All done very neatly and professionally.

I use Comcast for HSI. TV is DirecTV and I switched the phone from Verzion to ooma using the HSI connection.

All in all I am very happy with 2 - 3 times the internet speed and inital savings of $70+ a month going down to $40 a month after promos end.