join:2004-09-20
Wake Forest, NC
ARRIS SB6183
MikroTik hAP AC

mindlesstux to Exetubin

to Exetubin

Re: DLink DGL-4500 Behind 2Wire HGV-3600 (in DMZ) Disconnection

said by Exetubin :

Over the weekend, I had the router online for 14+ hours, but, around 430PM or 5PM, the DGL-4500 rebooted and I'm not sure what's causing this.

This sounds like you might know the problem but might be looking at the wrong thing. If your dlink router reboots randomly, then I have to question if the router is actually performing like it should.

I assume you setup your 2wire modem to have the dlink router in DMZ+ mode?

What happens if you were to do the following next time your dlink reboots or has connection issues: plug yourself into the 2wire modem bypassing the dlink. Do you still have connectivity to the internet? If so I would say you might have a hardware issue rather than software. If not then you need to persue a different problem

Also can you get to the dlink router status page and see if it has appropriate IP info from the 2wire modem when you have a issue?

Exetubin
@telepacific.net

Exetubin

Anon

bdavenport, thanks for the reply.

Like I mentioned in my original post, prior to switching to UVerse service, I was only using an ATT DSL modem and my DGL-4500 router worked flawelssly.

Since I connected the 2Wire router / gateway last 08/10/2012, I have been getting these reboots.

I honestly don't think the router is broken and I think the reboots are due to the new configuration.

I wish there was a way ATT can send just a UVerse modem (NOT a router / gateway), but, unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that.

As of this morning (before heading out to work), I checked the DGL-4500 and it says it's been up and running for 1 day and 16 hours, so, it's been up for quite sometime now since last Sunday's reboot.

Hopefully it stays that way.

I'll keep you posted.