uniqs

stev32k
Premium Member
join:2000-04-27
Mobile, AL

stev32k

Premium Member

It's really pleasent

At least in the area where I live the service since the switch over has been exceptional. Especially compared to the ISP Channel days. @home was an improvement, but you could still count on at least one outage per week. Since MCHSI took over I have not had a single minute of downtime on either email or the internet itself. I hope it keeps up over the long term.

Sometimes when look over the comcast board I realize how much the size of a network impacts reliability. It stands to reason that the number of problems that come up are directly related to the size and complexity of the network. And Comcast seems like they are unable or unwilling to commit the resources to maintain the system. The problems being reported by the Comcast customers are identical to ones reported by ISP Channel and @home users before they went belly up.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe

Yes, I've had very few problems so far, except for the local home page going on & off, that is. Not a biggie though. It's hard to believe we are using the same backbone as the ATTBI users.
lblax
join:2002-01-10
Rome City, IN

lblax to stev32k

to stev32k
its been great here too!!!!!! better than @home even though in off peak with @home i was grabbing 3000-4000 downloads the peak hours pings and especially sundays were horrible. now we are getting below 100 pimgs and speeds of 1450 and above no matter what time of day, and the downloads dont slow down like @home did. since the switch we have had only 2 days of poor performance and 2 outages of about 15min each. of course good performancekeeps the traffic down on our forum since most of the others are all complaints!!!!!!!!!!
slmetcalf
Premium Member
join:2001-12-01
Athens, AL

slmetcalf

Premium Member

I have to agree with you. Everything has been consitant since the switch.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe

Hi, just got rid of the extra one for you! Glad we caught it before it was added to.
slmetcalf
Premium Member
join:2001-12-01
Athens, AL

slmetcalf

Premium Member

Thanks Santa Fe I appreciate it

callmesuz
Premium Member
join:2000-07-27

callmesuz to lblax

Premium Member