how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

robertf390_t

join:2012-05-04

1 recommendation

BBC America HD coming?

FYI - Just wanted to point out that this morning in VHO5 (NY) channel 689 has color bars and has replaced the Olympics 3D channel 1003 - clearly this is a pre-cursor to bringing BBC America in HD to us - when? - who knows.

This does appear to be a good sign - hopefully more to come once they remove the other 2 Olympics channels (594,596).

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

Wow, good catch Robert. They have BBC America HD listed in the channel lineups for our area on the website too. So they were right, they did say it was coming this year along with Cartoon Network HD

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

You could now see the Guide Info .

RBost

join:2009-07-07
Richmond, VA
reply to matcarl

No ch # 689 here in Richmond (VHO 9).

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Possibly not yet in VHO 9, or possibly your guide data has not been refreshed. In my case i had rebooteed the guide after having trouble with 1003 (which apparently is now removed). I was trying to check if i had gotten all of the Olympic Closing in 3d. 1003 is now gone but 689 now appears. So far no sign of other HD such as Cartoon Network.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to robertf390_t

Alot of people were looking foward to BBC America in HD and not it's here , id say next HD chanenl we will see is Cartoon Network as promised for this year!

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to robertf390_t

Yippee!!!! Finally the real Top Gear in HD.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to matcarl

Cool, and plugging in NY as the area on the website so I could see the listings it indicates it will be on both Extreme and Ultimate. Doesn't show up yet in the listings for my zip. Wonder how long it will take to get to other parts of the country.

johnf2
Bucks County, PA. VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
reply to robertf390_t

Great news! ...yes!... maybe finally BBCAmerica HD, just in time for the Cooper premier on Sunday and of course Top Gear.

johnf2
--
VHO8

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 recommendations

reply to RBost

said by RBost:

No ch # 689 here in Richmond (VHO 9).

Should launch by Thursday 8/16 in all remaining VHO's.
Expand your moderator at work

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

Re: BBC America HD coming?

When BBC-America first arrived here in the USA, they didn't used to cut the shows' content for timing -- they would just run them for 1:15 (for a 1 hour program) to cut commercials in, or for :35 (for a 1/2 hour program).

celticpride

@verizon.net
reply to Anon

I just saw a commercial yesterday for copper in HD, but it said it would be on channel 189 no mention of HD on 689,hopefully that was just an oversight.Any way i set up a season pass for copper on on BBCA channel 189 on my tivo, I'll have to check later and see if 689 does appear so i can change my season pass to get this show in HD!

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to robertf390_t

Ah the Blu-ray argument again. Again, not everyone wishes to run out and buy all that stuff on Blu-ray. OR rent it even.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to robertf390_t

Now maybe people won't complain as much.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by MuDvAyNe:

That's a good one. I give it a day.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to MuDvAyNe

What channel will they latch on to next?

After Cartoon Network (which is inexcusable, I've had Cartoon Network HD for 9 months now, and I'm light years behind everyone), nothing else really has internet fanboys. G4, H2 or GolTV/beIN Sports? I don't see people getting up in arms for things like HLN.

I'm pretty convinced every Doctor Who and soccer fan infiltrates the interwebs from the looks of the typical requests I see.

Expand your moderator at work

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to Os

Re: BBC America HD coming?

said by Os:

What channel will they latch on to next?

TCM HD? TV Land HD?

nlk10010

join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

1 edit

Well there are a number of good (read: a good number of people want them) HD channels that FIOS doesn't carry, so of course there will be continued complaints. When those channels run out the complaints will (most likely) stop.

For now, I'll be content with re-watching the 20th Anniversary AbFab episodes in HD and looking forward to (among others) "The Hour".

Photoman15

join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY
reply to nycdave

By launch, do you mean content? Or the bars and tone?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to MuDvAyNe

said by MuDvAyNe:

As George Bush Sr. would say, Nah Gannah Happah, the 2 beIn Sports channels are going to be the next complaining point. In fact you go to the FiOS facebook page and there are dozens of requests for the channels.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Photoman15

said by Photoman15:

By launch, do you mean content? Or the bars and tone?

Step 1 is to make sure the channel is up with colorbars/tone in each VHO before content will launch. The same process was used for the temporary Olympics channels....

JH28

@bankofamerica.com

I hope H2 gets put somewhere high in the pipeline as well.

But BBC and Cartoon network would keep me satisfied for a while. Is BBC still showing Battlestar Galactica re runs?

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

Yes they are, »www.bbcamerica.com/schedule/

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to robertf390_t

praise the FiOS gods!...the color bars are indeed up on 689 and the Guide now shows the listing for BBC-America HD!!...it's not MPEG 4 right?

I'm happy...hoping to see Cartoon Network HD up next

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by TitusTroy:

I'm happy...hoping to see Cartoon Network HD up next

I bet nycdave knows what HD channel is next and when but he probably can't say due to his NDA.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

seems like FiOS is listening to the 'people' and finally adding the popular channels that people have been clamoring about for years...hopefully they fill the 2 remaining Olympic spots with Cartoon HD and...ok H2