sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to MuDvAyNe

(topic move) No MSG+2 HD?

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »No MSG+2 HD?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to robertf390_t

Re: BBC America HD coming?

Does anyone know which QAM BBCA was put on, and if it shares the QAM with another channel, and if so what that channel is?

Expand your moderator at work

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL
kudos:2
reply to PJL

Re: BBC America HD coming?

said by PJL:

Does anyone know which QAM BBCA was put on, and if it shares the QAM with another channel, and if so what that channel is?

it's alone at 279 MHz

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to vectorvictor

said by vectorvictor:

Last night had perhaps some of the best episodes that Top Gear has ever ran in HD, including the one where they test whether or not they can drive to the North Pole! I have yet to find someone that doesn't like the original Top Gear--especially their traveling episodes--if they actually give them a chance.

Hardly the same show, over and over, as you contend.

Plus, Copper was pretty decent, and there are other original shows (e.g. Doctor Who, Luther) that are starting up new seasons shortly

doesn't History Channel also show Top Gear?...so you don't really need BBC-A to watch it

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

said by TitusTroy:

doesn't History Channel also show Top Gear?...so you don't really need BBC-A to watch it

I hope you're kidding!!!! The History version is horrendous. The Brits are much funnier on the original.

webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to TitusTroy

BBC America has the British version. The History channel has the American version , I believe.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
reply to TitusTroy

2 totally different shows.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to Greg2600

I've never seen the show...I didn't know there were 2 separate versions

celticpride

@verizon.net

Frankly i'm a little surprised how many people seem to like this channel,I will never watch top gear i guess i'm not a car guy ,I recorded copper,i'm willing to watch another episode and give it a chance,but my wife bailed on me halfway through the show. I also watched a couple episodes of DR.WHO ,but i thought it was to silly but i might check it out again when the new season starts,The one show i really liked was LUTHER i set up a season pass fot that one!

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

The British show is the original, and has been on air for years. History started an American version a couple years ago, but the guys who are on it stink. You'd be surprised how many television shows we remake from England.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

said by Greg2600:

said by TitusTroy:

The British show is the original, and has been on air for years. History started an American version a couple years ago, but the guys who are on it stink. You'd be surprised how many television shows we remake from England.

:) :

"All in The Family", Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Being Human, Kitchen Nitmares, America's Got Talent ( Britan's Got Talent), X Factor,
Cash Cab, Celebrity Fit Club, Shark Tank, Life on Mars, Three's Company
Dancing with the Stars, The Office, Sanford And Son......

New 'remakes for fall '12-2013 include:

Only Fools And Horses - ABC
Bad Girls - NBC
The Family Tools - ABC
Elementary - CBS
Friday Night Dinner - ABC
The Inbetweeners - MTV

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to Greg2600

The UK Top Gear was shown on the Sci-Fi Channel or something odd like that a few years back. I seem to recall it was a few episodes then it disappeared.

Like many shows, it's syndicated all over the world. The US version was a little embarrassing.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to MeatChicken

said by MeatChicken:

said by Greg2600:

said by TitusTroy:

:) :

"All in The Family", Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Being Human, Kitchen Nitmares, America's Got Talent ( Britan's Got Talent), X Factor,
Cash Cab, Celebrity Fit Club, Shark Tank, Life on Mars, Three's Company
Dancing with the Stars, The Office, Sanford And Son......

New 'remakes for fall '12-2013 include:

Only Fools And Horses - ABC
Bad Girls - NBC
The Family Tools - ABC
Elementary - CBS
Friday Night Dinner - ABC
The Inbetweeners - MTV

There's hundreds of examples... don't forget Pop (American) Idol, lol.

The point is there are going to be as many people poo poo the BBC-A shows as like them. The same goes for the stuff on other channels. I for one can't understand the fascination with Adult Swim, Jersey Shore, yada yada yada but I get that others live for it. So all these arguments that BBC-A is a useless channel are silly. Oh, I forgot, it's all on Blu-ray, nevermind (with that argument we don't need many of the channels).
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops

join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

The UK Top Gear was shown on the Sci-Fi Channel or something odd like that a few years back. I seem to recall it was a few episodes then it disappeared.

Like many shows, it's syndicated all over the world. The US version was a little embarrassing.

Yea - Could they get 3 less interesting guys. The 3 Brit guys are what make the show - I could really care less about sports cars - but I love the show because they are so awesome together.
--
{Send Secure Notes Free and Easily} :: whisperBot.com

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium
join:2001-12-11
Las Vegas, NV
reply to robertf390_t

I was looking forward to the addition of this channel, now that I've seen the content, not so much..Rather disappointed, but that's just my opinion...
--
Smoke'm if ya got'em !!!