join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

1 recommendation

Greg2600 to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy

Re: BBC America HD coming?

said by TitusTroy:

I've never seen the show...I didn't know there were 2 separate versions

The British show is the original, and has been on air for years. History started an American version a couple years ago, but the guys who are on it stink. You'd be surprised how many television shows we remake from England.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken

said by Greg2600:

said by TitusTroy:

The British show is the original, and has been on air for years. History started an American version a couple years ago, but the guys who are on it stink. You'd be surprised how many television shows we remake from England.

:) :

"All in The Family", Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Being Human, Kitchen Nitmares, America's Got Talent ( Britan's Got Talent), X Factor,
Cash Cab, Celebrity Fit Club, Shark Tank, Life on Mars, Three's Company
Dancing with the Stars, The Office, Sanford And Son......

New 'remakes for fall '12-2013 include:

Only Fools And Horses - ABC
Bad Girls - NBC
The Family Tools - ABC
Elementary - CBS
Friday Night Dinner - ABC
The Inbetweeners - MTV

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Greg2600

MVM

to Greg2600
The UK Top Gear was shown on the Sci-Fi Channel or something odd like that a few years back. I seem to recall it was a few episodes then it disappeared.

Like many shows, it's syndicated all over the world. The US version was a little embarrassing.
Nezmo

Nezmo to MeatChicken

MVM

to MeatChicken
said by MeatChicken:

said by Greg2600:

said by TitusTroy:

:) :

"All in The Family", Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Being Human, Kitchen Nitmares, America's Got Talent ( Britan's Got Talent), X Factor,
Cash Cab, Celebrity Fit Club, Shark Tank, Life on Mars, Three's Company
Dancing with the Stars, The Office, Sanford And Son......

New 'remakes for fall '12-2013 include:

Only Fools And Horses - ABC
Bad Girls - NBC
The Family Tools - ABC
Elementary - CBS
Friday Night Dinner - ABC
The Inbetweeners - MTV

There's hundreds of examples... don't forget Pop (American) Idol, lol.

The point is there are going to be as many people poo poo the BBC-A shows as like them. The same goes for the stuff on other channels. I for one can't understand the fascination with Adult Swim, Jersey Shore, yada yada yada but I get that others live for it. So all these arguments that BBC-A is a useless channel are silly. Oh, I forgot, it's all on Blu-ray, nevermind (with that argument we don't need many of the channels).

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint to Nezmo

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

The UK Top Gear was shown on the Sci-Fi Channel or something odd like that a few years back. I seem to recall it was a few episodes then it disappeared.

Like many shows, it's syndicated all over the world. The US version was a little embarrassing.

Yea - Could they get 3 less interesting guys. The 3 Brit guys are what make the show - I could really care less about sports cars - but I love the show because they are so awesome together.

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
Syracuse, NY

TweakerInWA to robertf390_t

Premium Member

to robertf390_t
I was looking forward to the addition of this channel, now that I've seen the content, not so much..Rather disappointed, but that's just my opinion...