uniqs
share rss forum feed

nlk10010

join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

1 edit
reply to Steely

Re: BBC America HD coming?

Well there are a number of good (read: a good number of people want them) HD channels that FIOS doesn't carry, so of course there will be continued complaints. When those channels run out the complaints will (most likely) stop.

For now, I'll be content with re-watching the 20th Anniversary AbFab episodes in HD and looking forward to (among others) "The Hour".

Photoman15

join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY
reply to nycdave
By launch, do you mean content? Or the bars and tone?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to MuDvAyNe
said by MuDvAyNe:

Now maybe people won't complain as much.

As George Bush Sr. would say, Nah Gannah Happah, the 2 beIn Sports channels are going to be the next complaining point. In fact you go to the FiOS facebook page and there are dozens of requests for the channels.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
reply to Photoman15
said by Photoman15:

By launch, do you mean content? Or the bars and tone?

Step 1 is to make sure the channel is up with colorbars/tone in each VHO before content will launch. The same process was used for the temporary Olympics channels....

JH28

@bankofamerica.com
I hope H2 gets put somewhere high in the pipeline as well.

But BBC and Cartoon network would keep me satisfied for a while. Is BBC still showing Battlestar Galactica re runs?

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to robertf390_t
praise the FiOS gods!...the color bars are indeed up on 689 and the Guide now shows the listing for BBC-America HD!!...it's not MPEG 4 right?

I'm happy...hoping to see Cartoon Network HD up next

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by TitusTroy:

I bet nycdave knows what HD channel is next and when but he probably can't say due to his NDA.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
seems like FiOS is listening to the 'people' and finally adding the popular channels that people have been clamoring about for years...hopefully they fill the 2 remaining Olympic spots with Cartoon HD and...ok H2

bushleaguer

join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ
reply to robertf390_t
Maybe I'm not subscribed to an e-mail list or I'm not checking the right page at Verizon Central but am I the only one who relies on the good people here who make note of additions like this and are baffled that Verizon does not tout a new addition to their line-up properly? I remember when Al Jazeera English was added and to this day I never got an e-mail or anything in the mail about it.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
said by bushleaguer:

Maybe I'm not subscribed to an e-mail list or I'm not checking the right page at Verizon Central but am I the only one who relies on the good people here who make note of additions like this and are baffled that Verizon does not tout a new addition to their line-up properly? I remember when Al Jazeera English was added and to this day I never got an e-mail or anything in the mail about it.

don't they usually announce new additions (and subtractions) via the on-screen Message Center?...but you're right in that I find out more useful info through forums then the cable companies (not just FiOS) directly

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to robertf390_t
Heather from Verizon basically said a few months ago that BBC America and Cartoon Network were more or less next to come.

The problem beIN sports will have is that FIOS has spent all this time adding GolTV, Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, etc., and now there are TWO more foreign soccer channels??? It's just plain ridiculous. This isn't Europe, these channels are not priorities, and sadly fans will lose out thanks to the European club greed. beIN really are in for a hard lesson when they can't get on any systems!

nowayout

join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA
reply to robertf390_t
After BBC and TCN, I don't have any other particular aches for national channels. MAYBE DIY? But I'm not losing any sleep over it.

But we in VHO8 are still without The Comcast Network (channel 99 for us). Too many local sports games stuck in SD!
Expand your moderator at work

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to robertf390_t

how long till JeepMatt comes running back to FiOS?...didn't he say that there would be no more new HD additions this year?

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by TitusTroy:

how long till JeepMatt comes running back to FiOS?...didn't he say that there would be no more new HD additions this year?

Come on, we all know when Jeep will be back. Once his contract is up he will be back for the new-user discounts....
Expand your moderator at work

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to robertf390_t

I'm a little bit surprised BBCA HD is being launched on FiOS before Cartoon Network HD.

That's just purely based on the fact that Cartoon Network HD is the only network that every other major TV provider carries except FiOS. BBCA HD is on all major TV providers except for DirecTV, U-Verse, and FiOS.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
reply to robertf390_t
Test bars are up on 689 in VHO8, SouthEast PA.

johnf2
--
VHO8

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by TitusTroy:

Come on, we all know when Jeep will be back. Once his contract is up he will be back for the new-user discounts....

HAHHAHA - you guys..... I knew there'd be at least 1 or 2 adds in the Olympic channel spots that they had to hoard.

Glad they're giving you all BBC America. The PQ of the HD channel on Comcast does look fantastic. But, since I started watching it more - I swear, other than the random 1st run shows at night - they show the same 12 episodes of Kitchen Nightmares every day!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

bcushman

join:2007-04-01
Warwick, RI
reply to johnf2
Test bars and full guide in RI

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
reply to Zero
said by Zero:

I'm a little bit surprised BBCA HD is being launched on FiOS before Cartoon Network HD.

That's just purely based on the fact that Cartoon Network HD is the only network that every other major TV provider carries except FiOS. BBCA HD is on all major TV providers except for DirecTV, U-Verse, and FiOS.

Directv has BBCA HD, launched today with Nat Geo Wild HD & Disney Jr HD, FYI! U-Verse looks like the last one with no carriage agreement.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
Ch 689 is on with color bars on VHO7.
When each VHO has Ch689 with color bars is BBCA HD going to be turned on for all of them a once or is it still going to be one VHO per day?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to robertf390_t
Colour bars and guide active in VHO1.

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

praise the FiOS gods!...the color bars are indeed up on 689 and the Guide now shows the listing for BBC-America HD!!...it's not MPEG 4 right?

Personally I hope it is Mpeg4. And that not only all future ones are mpeg4, but that they start to take all those delivered to them as Mpeg4 and give them to us as MPEG4. Yes it means some people needing boxes swapped out, but then no more of this out of qam space for at least a while.

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA
I'll second that!!

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to tnsprin
said by tnsprin:

Personally I hope it is Mpeg4. And that not only all future ones are mpeg4, but that they start to take all those delivered to them as Mpeg4 and give them to us as MPEG4. Yes it means some people needing boxes swapped out, but then no more of this out of qam space for at least a while.

Verizon is eventually going to have to deal with the hassle of swapping out boxes for those that want the new MPEG 4 HD channels so they should just do it now and be done with it...prolonging it isn't going to make it easier...Verizon is so worried about the box swapping that they are delaying the transition...MPEG 4 will help in the long run even if it's a bit painful in the short term

TitusTroy

New York, NY

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt
said by JeepMatt:

I knew there'd be at least 1 or 2 adds in the Olympic channel spots that they had to hoard.

hindsight is always 20/20...so after they start rolling out new channels you now say that you knew this all along?...seems like a recurring pattern...your last statement back in early July was "it's going to be status quo for quite some time w/ FIOS TV"