share rss forum feed

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
reply to robertf390_t

Re: BBC America HD coming?

Test bars are up on 689 in VHO8, SouthEast PA.

johnf2
--
VHO8

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by TitusTroy:

how long till JeepMatt comes running back to FiOS?...didn't he say that there would be no more new HD additions this year?

Come on, we all know when Jeep will be back. Once his contract is up he will be back for the new-user discounts....

HAHHAHA - you guys..... I knew there'd be at least 1 or 2 adds in the Olympic channel spots that they had to hoard.

Glad they're giving you all BBC America. The PQ of the HD channel on Comcast does look fantastic. But, since I started watching it more - I swear, other than the random 1st run shows at night - they show the same 12 episodes of Kitchen Nightmares every day!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

bcushman

join:2007-04-01
Warwick, RI
reply to johnf2
Test bars and full guide in RI

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
reply to Zero
said by Zero:

I'm a little bit surprised BBCA HD is being launched on FiOS before Cartoon Network HD.

That's just purely based on the fact that Cartoon Network HD is the only network that every other major TV provider carries except FiOS. BBCA HD is on all major TV providers except for DirecTV, U-Verse, and FiOS.

Directv has BBCA HD, launched today with Nat Geo Wild HD & Disney Jr HD, FYI! U-Verse looks like the last one with no carriage agreement.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
Ch 689 is on with color bars on VHO7.
When each VHO has Ch689 with color bars is BBCA HD going to be turned on for all of them a once or is it still going to be one VHO per day?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to robertf390_t
Colour bars and guide active in VHO1.

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

praise the FiOS gods!...the color bars are indeed up on 689 and the Guide now shows the listing for BBC-America HD!!...it's not MPEG 4 right?

I'm happy...hoping to see Cartoon Network HD up next

Personally I hope it is Mpeg4. And that not only all future ones are mpeg4, but that they start to take all those delivered to them as Mpeg4 and give them to us as MPEG4. Yes it means some people needing boxes swapped out, but then no more of this out of qam space for at least a while.

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA
I'll second that!!

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to tnsprin
said by tnsprin:

Personally I hope it is Mpeg4. And that not only all future ones are mpeg4, but that they start to take all those delivered to them as Mpeg4 and give them to us as MPEG4. Yes it means some people needing boxes swapped out, but then no more of this out of qam space for at least a while.

Verizon is eventually going to have to deal with the hassle of swapping out boxes for those that want the new MPEG 4 HD channels so they should just do it now and be done with it...prolonging it isn't going to make it easier...Verizon is so worried about the box swapping that they are delaying the transition...MPEG 4 will help in the long run even if it's a bit painful in the short term

TitusTroy

New York, NY

1 edit
reply to JeepMatt
said by JeepMatt:

I knew there'd be at least 1 or 2 adds in the Olympic channel spots that they had to hoard.

hindsight is always 20/20...so after they start rolling out new channels you now say that you knew this all along?...seems like a recurring pattern...your last statement back in early July was "it's going to be status quo for quite some time w/ FIOS TV"

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

Verizon is eventually going to have to deal with the hassle of swapping out boxes for those that want the new MPEG 4 HD channels so they should just do it now and be done with it...prolonging it isn't going to make it easier...Verizon is so worried about the box swapping that they are delaying the transition...MPEG 4 will help in the long run even if it's a bit painful in the short term

Problem is Verizon is continuing to give them out.

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

Colour bars and guide active in VHO1.

And VHO3

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
Nothing here in VHO4. Even took guide out to the end to update. And tried to go to channel directly. No joy.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
reply to robertf390_t
VHO5 STB reloaded on start up. Channel guide shows programing for BBCHD on 689 but still has color bars.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to robertf390_t
At least my TiVos are showing the guide data for BBCA-HD already. Although I'm not seeing anything on the channel yet.

And I also won't need to purchase the Doctor Who episodes anymore from VUDU and/or Amazon.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
reply to robertf390_t
I don't see color bars anymore.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to robertf390_t
Woot First-in, BBCA-HD live here in VHO7, watching Gangs of NY atm..

PS: Quickly changes channels as can't stand "edited Movies with commercials"....

TitusTroy

New York, NY

1 edit
reply to robertf390_t
it's now live here in VHO5 as well...PQ looks great...woot!

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA
Now we just need the HD on demand folder!

SterlingJ85

join:2000-11-19
Voorhees, NJ
reply to bohratom
Same here, VHO8 is live!
--
-Sterling

URFloorMatt

join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to robertf390_t
Live in VHO4.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to robertf390_t
BBCA HD is on for VHO7.
When was the last time a channel or channels were added to multiple VHOs at the same time?

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

2 edits
It's long overdue that's fios got 2 HD network on the same day .

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
reply to robertf390_t
Live VHO5

dmine45

join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to robertf390_t
BBC HD is live in VHO 4.

The FiOS STB sees it but no show guide yet.

The Ceton InfiniTV card/Windows Media Center doesn't see it at all yet.

Zap2It has it in their listings, so I expect to see it on my Ceton card soon!

Happy days are here again! LOL

webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to lakerfan82
Yes, the VOD Folder will be good. I am sure it will appear within the next couple days. (I hope)

webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to bohratom
I am watching Gangs of New York as well. I love how BBC America is 1080, and not 720. You can def tell the difference between the two.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Yes, BBC America HD, a long time coming but it's here!!! As webcobbler said, you can really see the different in picture quality between the two feeds.
This a good entertainment add. A four smile rating!
--
VHO8

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to dmine45
said by dmine45:

BBC HD is live in VHO 4.

The FiOS STB sees it but no show guide yet.

The Ceton InfiniTV card/Windows Media Center doesn't see it at all yet.

Zap2It has it in their listings, so I expect to see it on my Ceton card soon!

Happy days are here again! LOL

I'm seeing it on my TiVos now here in VH04 too. But they had they guide data before the channel even went live.

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to robertf390_t
Why am I still getting test patterens on 594 and 596? Are they going to be adding another channel or two?