spc
Search similar:

uniqs
clementlo
join:2005-06-11
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

clementlo

Rogers SMC Modem/Router No Link Lights this morning!?

Hi all, this morning I notices my "LINK" Lights on my Rogers SMC Router/Modem was off... I check... my internet still working on all my machines!! I reboot the SMC Modem 4 times... Still No Link Lights... It stay off! Also tried to reboot my WiFi router... no luck! I tried to plug my Laptop directly to the SMC Modem, still no LINK light.... so it isn't my WiFi Router... I do get a IP address to my laptop... and internet is working!

I think usually it should be blinking.... Did they have a firmware update???? last night??? The ONLINE light works... I remember the "LINK" light was still blinking last night!

What happen? Other then the light... everything are working.... Can someone check there Rogers's SMC Router???

SuxToHaveRog
@rogers.com

SuxToHaveRog

Anon

They must have done something I have to enable DHCP to get internet from all my other computers. Jerks!

Looks like I have to turn the damn thing into a modem and connect it a router, sucks!

Qsig
join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON

Qsig to clementlo

to clementlo
There is the possibility that the actual LED is faulty which is probably what it is.
clementlo
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

clementlo

Yea, the light could had burned out! SMC Junk! Lucky I didn't buy this modem! So yours working?

Just when they going to offer a modem with out that WiFi crap build in! Recently, I just upgraded to Netgear 802.11ac! I don't need Rogers give me a junk Building In WiFi!
DJ411
join:2009-12-31

DJ411 to clementlo

to clementlo
i had the same issue. I actually called them and they couldn't tell what the issue was.
clementlo
Scarborough, ON

clementlo

Thank for the reply, so they may did a firmware update yesterday and had the light turned off!

Any other people have the same problem and can confirmed his/her SMC "LINK" light are now off?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to clementlo

Mod

to clementlo
Rogers have no desire to supply a modem only. With the modem/router combo, the router's partly under their control and easier to troubleshoot without asking customers to disconnect the router.
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

So what happens sbrook when many customers have their modem in bridge mode and their own router attached? How does Rogers troubleshoot in this situation?
scubascythan
join:2005-05-14

scubascythan

Tell you they don't troubleshoot routers and have you connect directly to the modem. If there's still problems, they'll send a tech out.

Liam2112
@rogers.com

Liam2112 to clementlo

Anon

to clementlo
Must have been a firmware update. Can't even get into the cusadmin login or the rogcesadmin login I set up previously...

wankers...
clementlo
Scarborough, ON

clementlo

I just got home.... and I saw my wifi light start to blink! They must did a firmware update and reset my modem.. and turn the wifi inside the modem back on! Crap..

So the old password didn't work?

GI Suck
I Got Mail Yay
join:2004-01-14
Oshawa, ON

GI Suck to clementlo

to clementlo
I too have the same problem with the link light no longer working.