uniqs

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

MoP pre-patch on August 28th looks like

Kaivax
Community Manager
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

»us.battle.net/wow/en/for ··· 08782635

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Not surprised at all, GW2 launches the same day (non-early start). I wouldn't doubt if they kept D3 1.0.4 to debut around this time as well.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

So we'll have 4 weeks of totally broken gameplay

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

Not surprised at all, GW2 launches the same day (non-early start). I wouldn't doubt if they kept D3 1.0.4 to debut around this time as well.

From In an Age:»inanage.com/

In what undoubtedly was an amazing case of pure coincidence, Diablo 3′s groundbreaking 1.0.4 patch is coming out the fourth week of August. Hmm. What day do Blizzard patches come out on? Tuesdays, I think? What is the Tuesday in the last week of August? The… 28th. August 28th. Good thing I have nothing else planned to do that day.

Kidding aside, patch 1.0.4 may as well be called Diablo 3.5 for the sheer scope of the sweeping changes to endgame.....

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

That's pretty normal. I remember Fury warriors reforging so much mastery and slotting pure hit because of the itemizations and loss of ArPen. It was kind of hilarious.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

This will be the *real* beta test! Haha

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by DarkLogix:

That's pretty normal. I remember Fury warriors reforging so much mastery and slotting pure hit because of the itemizations and loss of ArPen. It was kind of hilarious.

Not any less annoying

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
Anyone know if this is changing the "Stay Classy" guild achievement?

We're 1 gnome warrior away from our 8th bank slot, and I'm curious if we just screwed the pooch.

I don't even know if its changing at the actual Mists launch.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

if the classy ach is changing then get it done now and get the 8th tab, if it doesnt change you havent lost anything, if it changes for a 9th tab and all panderan need to be leveled for it, you have one less toon to make the ach
cymraeg

cymraeg to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
hmm 2 weeks to sell stuff and gather new stuff, gotta get the druid swift flight now it seems, i was hoping he could wait for a bit

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

if the classy ach is changing then get it done now and get the 8th tab, if it doesnt change you havent lost anything, if it changes for a 9th tab and all panderan need to be leveled for it, you have one less toon to make the ach

Well aren't there some new class/race combos coming?

or just Pandas?

Could someone in beta tell us?

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Goldheart

to Goldheart
So that will be a no raid week for a lot of guilds most likely since people will need to learn their new specs and how to play them. For each toon they have. I doubt I will have time to get my warrior to 85 since he's only 40 right now and I have a few other plans for my rogue and priest to finish up first.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

On the other hand that week COULD have some super OP classes till they patch it.

so it might be time for you to do 8/8H if you haven't
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Because you haven't downed Deathwing yet and this will interfeer? mmm

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by djlar:

said by DarkLogix:

Because you haven't downed Deathwing yet and this will interfeer? mmm

Naw I've downed Reg DW
I just don't like broken game play.

I'd like to down H-DW but the guild is only 4/8H so far
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I'm guessing a couple of days of bug fixes, be sure to say goodbye to some of your spells and welcome others, rotations and macros will have to be re-done. (having 10 toons it's gonna take its time for me LOL)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya I heard spellsteal is going away.

that's crap it was awesome on moloriak

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Lol, really? I guess that's one way of looking at it..
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
for anyone that hasnt played a warrior on beta or the ptr , rend being gone is a big mind game, you will be reaching for it and your rotation will be wierd without it, you have an ability that applies rend with TC passively, for low level warriors its abig pita.

just to get you prepared.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

Lol, really? I guess that's one way of looking at it..

Well remember 4.0.1?

For the first day or so Mages were way OP
then they pulled out the nerf hammer and ...

Ramikor
@ultzindustries.com

Ramikor to Nick D

Anon

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

On the plus side, when this happened, I stopped pulling aggro off tanks; on the minus side, I stopped doing any damage whatsoever.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
So you're willing to go 8/8H while abusing mis-calculated values and you're OK with that?

Kind of sounds like guilds killing H Hagara pre-nerf then not being able to do it again after they patched it.

Can't believe you would actually cheat and do it versus actually learning how to do it the right way.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Ramikor

Premium Member

to Ramikor
hehe, i remember on Sindy i had to actually stop doing anything so our tank could keep aggro, shortly after he got more gear and it wasnt an issue but it was funny, coming over vent myrth stop dpsing stop!

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Pandas and all they can do

And all the monks (every race but worgen and goblin)

Previous achievements tended to not include new stuff, because I think it breaks their achievement system (as in, you can't modify achievements that someone has already obtained without removing the rewards associated with it).

That might still be the case, so that getting Stay Classy just involved the existing criteria, and monks and pandas have their own achieve.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

So you're willing to go 8/8H while abusing mis-calculated values and you're OK with that?

Kind of sounds like guilds killing H Hagara pre-nerf then not being able to do it again after they patched it.

Can't believe you would actually cheat and do it versus actually learning how to do it the right way.

I'd be willing to take a shot at it even if the way its broken made it harder.

Personally I haven't even zoned into hagara or zon on heroic, only Morchok/Yor/ and ultra

Hopefully the guild's healers all show up this week so I might see H-Zon (they only had 2 show up the other week so H-Zon was off the table)

and I've been told that Hagara was attempted before I joined but they didn't down her.

Ya I know if I hadn't taken that year long wow break I'd likely be in a better position raid wise.

Heck my most memorable Boss was a Glitchy cho'gal, they looked at the health pools of things and though it was reg (back in 4.0) he was all mixed in with heroic, crazy fight and awsome (just wish there was an achev for downing a glitched out boss)
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by DarkLogix:

Pandas and all they can do

And all the monks (every race but worgen and goblin)

Previous achievements tended to not include new stuff, because I think it breaks their achievement system (as in, you can't modify achievements that someone has already obtained without removing the rewards associated with it).

That might still be the case, so that getting Stay Classy just involved the existing criteria, and monks and pandas have their own achieve.

Well the BH achev has been edited 2 times.

Ramikor
@ultzindustries.com

Ramikor to cymraeg

Anon

to cymraeg
Yeah, those were the days! Even after all this time, the running joke in my guild is that I constantly have aggro in Fury, and never have it in Prot.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya when 4.0.1 hit I had to watch my aggro very carefully because tanks hadn't adjusted yet.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

we are talking about before cata when ArPen was king and fury was monster

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I was talking when the Cata talent changes hit but cata wasn't out yet.