Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to Nick D

Re: MoP pre-patch on August 28th looks like

said by Nick D:

That's pretty normal. I remember Fury warriors reforging so much mastery and slotting pure hit because of the itemizations and loss of ArPen. It was kind of hilarious.

On the plus side, when this happened, I stopped pulling aggro off tanks; on the minus side, I stopped doing any damage whatsoever.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to DarkLogix
So you're willing to go 8/8H while abusing mis-calculated values and you're OK with that?

Kind of sounds like guilds killing H Hagara pre-nerf then not being able to do it again after they patched it.

Can't believe you would actually cheat and do it versus actually learning how to do it the right way.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Ramikor
hehe, i remember on Sindy i had to actually stop doing anything so our tank could keep aggro, shortly after he got more gear and it wasnt an issue but it was funny, coming over vent myrth stop dpsing stop!
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Well aren't there some new class/race combos coming?

Pandas and all they can do

And all the monks (every race but worgen and goblin)

Previous achievements tended to not include new stuff, because I think it breaks their achievement system (as in, you can't modify achievements that someone has already obtained without removing the rewards associated with it).

That might still be the case, so that getting Stay Classy just involved the existing criteria, and monks and pandas have their own achieve.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to JB
said by JB:

So you're willing to go 8/8H while abusing mis-calculated values and you're OK with that?

Kind of sounds like guilds killing H Hagara pre-nerf then not being able to do it again after they patched it.

Can't believe you would actually cheat and do it versus actually learning how to do it the right way.

I'd be willing to take a shot at it even if the way its broken made it harder.

Personally I haven't even zoned into hagara or zon on heroic, only Morchok/Yor/ and ultra

Hopefully the guild's healers all show up this week so I might see H-Zon (they only had 2 show up the other week so H-Zon was off the table)

and I've been told that Hagara was attempted before I joined but they didn't down her.

Ya I know if I hadn't taken that year long wow break I'd likely be in a better position raid wise.

Heck my most memorable Boss was a Glitchy cho'gal, they looked at the health pools of things and though it was reg (back in 4.0) he was all mixed in with heroic, crazy fight and awsome (just wish there was an achev for downing a glitched out boss)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by DarkLogix:

Previous achievements tended to not include new stuff, because I think it breaks their achievement system (as in, you can't modify achievements that someone has already obtained without removing the rewards associated with it).

That might still be the case, so that getting Stay Classy just involved the existing criteria, and monks and pandas have their own achieve.

Well the BH achev has been edited 2 times.

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to cymraeg
Yeah, those were the days! Even after all this time, the running joke in my guild is that I constantly have aggro in Fury, and never have it in Prot.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya when 4.0.1 hit I had to watch my aggro very carefully because tanks hadn't adjusted yet.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
we are talking about before cata when ArPen was king and fury was monster

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I was talking when the Cata talent changes hit but cata wasn't out yet.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
everyone did, one chimera on my hunter and bosses came running at the beginning, vengeance wasnt ramping up fast enough then for threat to be attained, i had to actually find my feign death spell in my book and put it on my bars, and ice trap.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by DarkLogix:

More than likely it will be like explorer and ambassador titles and achieves. If you had them pre-cata then you got to keep them and just do the new rep or area exploration for the achieve points. If not, then you had to do all 6 faction reps for ambassador and for explorer you had to visit all the cata zones to get the title.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Looked at the MOP achievements in the WoWHead MOP DB. They're still listed exactly as they are now.

So that's encouraging, because I think all of that is datamined.

EDIT: There IS a Classy Panderen achievement, but its not listed as part of the meta. Monks aren't listed anywhere though.

EDIT #2: there's an acheive called "Challenge Mode Dungeon Challenges". Department of Redundancy Department.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
So let me get this straight

We'll have reg dungeons
Heroic
and then challenge mode?

Will challenge mode drop higher level gear or what?

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

Challenge mode is a beautiful experiment.

But first, your full options:

Normal modes are for sub-90 dungeons. This includes the new dungeons tooled for 85-88ish.

Heroic modes are all level 90 only, and the dungeons that are only accessible at 90 are heroic-only (this is like not having normal modes of HoO, Lost City, and Grim Batol).

Heroics are supposed to be a lot easier than Cata (like, Wrath-level). LFR is now the next step.

Gear-wise, looks like heroics drop ilvl 463. For comparison, LFR will drop 476 in Mogu'shan (the first raid), and normal raids will drop 489 (again, in Mogu'shan).

Now, Challenge modes!

These are what people who complain about wanting things that you need to be awesome to obtain, but it also doesn't fux with the progression paths.

They award transmog-only gear. No stats.

They're gear-scaled (your current gear is always scaled to some fixed ilvl. So even if you're in the best heroic raid gear, won't matter, all are equal).

They're timed runs. Faster times get you Gold/Silver/Bronze "medals" for more rewards (titles, coloring on gear sets)

The best times are listed in-game for your server.

They're supposed to be a LOT harder. New abilities on bosses, CC required for trash, etc.

They're not available through LFD. Need to make your own 5-mans.

Basically you get to show off that you are in fact a badass, while not having it on the gear progression path. It's amazing, because you don't gate people from content based on their ability to gear up, AND you don't use elite fights to trivialize other content.

I'm excited

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Nick D:

Basically you get to show off that you are in fact a badass, while not having it on the gear progression path. It's amazing, because you don't gate people from content based on their ability to gear up, AND you don't use elite fights to trivialize other content.

I'm excited

Me to... /squeallikegirlsatahighschoolreunion

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

1 edit
I mean, no one's going to care about "world first CM Scarlet Monastery" or "world fastest CM Temple of the Jade Serpent" because I'm sure those records will be comp based.

But beating your own best time will be a great way to have fun.

Also, I'm a huge fan of showing skill metrics in game. I think WoWProgress should be officially sanctioned and integrated into the UI somehow. I think an official damage meter is a good idea, because honestly, unless someone is helping you (or more likely berating you), do you even know you're playing terribly? (in-game only, without outside resources)

I suspect a large part of the issue with LFD and LFR is that casual players have no idea what the baselines should be. They don't know they're bad because they can't see what "good" is, and they wonder why they get yelled at.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd enjoy gear normalization at all levels of the game. Each time you defeat a raid boss, you get 1 extra ilvl in normalized gear or something, so that the raid becomes easier the more you farm it.

Of course, the gear RNG carrot is far more lucrative (and probably more fun in the long run). But it'd be nice to be able to accomodate my desire for "gear up until you can kill it, and then move on."

Just speculatin'.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

They're not available through LFD. Need to make your own 5-mans.

Can you use a cross-server group with B-net friends or must all players be on the same server?
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
That works fine, because its not random grouping. Times are recorded individually (I'm pretty sure), so if you broke a server record with B.net friends, you'd still rank.

There is the concept of a "guild group" for rep, challenges, and acheivements for it as well, but that's standard issue.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Didn't want to start a new thread so here it goes.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
thanks for posting the video here. I love the new orc model... and the setup was excellent. Great video. Can't wait.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Goldheart
anyone know if the stat allocations are changing as well on the 28th, i know the class mechanics and spells are but just wondering if the hit/exp/spirit/haste allocations are also changing.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Should be all the mechanics changes, so hunters will need expertise (lulz), casters can get spell hit off expertise, hit and dodge caps go to 7.5%, etc.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Are they going to have the stat changes for wands hit?

Or are they only worried about the MoP wands?

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
I know hunter bows got buffed a lot to make up for the missing polearm stats.

Guessing that will apply to wands as well. But wands still won't have Madness weapon procs

That said, maybe someone has a heroic Hungermouth from Zon'ozz they'll be itching to try.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya I currently have the 403 caster dagger.

But I'll have to reevaluate things.