RJW1678

join:2003-01-15
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

1 recommendation

(Solved) -KB2647753 - Problems installing it

I run Windows 7 Premium. I installed update KB2647753 as part of the August 14, 2012 updates. Then after rebooting I checked for updates again and KB2647753 wanted to install again - so I installed it again and rebooted - then I checked for updates again and KB2647753 wanted to install again - I have installed KB2647753 five times and every time I check for updates it still wants to be installed.

Thank You for any help you can provide.

Bob W.

Ran the update again at 9:30pm on 8-14-2012 and it is fixed... Thank you...

Triple Helix
Go Blue Jays Go
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
kudos:7

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Many are reporting it!

»Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 14, 2012

TH

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to RJW1678

Me too on my 64-bit W7 HPE office machine.

Where does W7's keep its WU logs? In XP, they had a bunch of KB*.log files in c:\windows IIRC.

»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···ac4596ee report it too.

I am pretty sure this is MS' fault.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

tomazyk

join:2006-12-04
reply to RJW1678

I have the same problem, I hope they will fix it.

Antdude: the location of logfile is here: c:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log

Trooper
Premium
join:2005-05-18
USA
reply to RJW1678

Yup having the same issue here as well.
--
This space for rent.

King Grub

join:2011-01-26

I had the issue, but i fixed it.

First, uninstall the update from Programs and Features -> Installed Updates.

Then, download the offline installer from Microsoft and run that. That installs fine, and after doing it, Windows Update does not find it again.

If you don't uninstall the one from Microsoft Update before installing the offline installer, you get a message saying it's not applicable.

tomazyk

1 recommendation

Offline installer is dated 3/12/2012 is that correct?

And knowledge base site is down... just great

tyw7

@sky.com
reply to antdude

Here too »answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···506bbe2d

YunkePR7

@onelinkpr.com
reply to Trooper

8/14/2012 Having the same problem.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to tomazyk

said by tomazyk:

Offline installer is dated 3/12/2012 is that correct?

And knowledge base site is down... just great

Yeah, people are mentioning this in MS forums. I guess MS pulled this off. I will just leave mine alone since nothing broke I hope!
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

King Grub

reply to tomazyk

No, the latest one is here:

»support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2647753

It is from today.

Wuzzle

@microsoft.com
reply to antdude

Log is located under c:\windows\windowsupdate

Could you please tell me versions are listed under C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages for this KB number ? Should look something like package_for_kb2647753~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.2.0

tomazyk

reply to antdude

said by antdude:

Yeah, people are mentioning this in MS forums. I guess MS pulled this off. I will just leave mine alone since nothing broke I hope!

Right after first reinstall I went to their site and could swear there was 8/14 release date of offline installer. I didn't download it
After a few minutes there is only 3/12 release date version and no KB article ...

King Grub

No I linked to the new installers above.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to tomazyk

said by tomazyk:

said by antdude:

Right after first reinstall I went to their site and could swear there was 8/14 release date of offline installer. I didn't download it
After a few minutes there is only 3/12 release date version and no KB article ...

Interesting.
--

tomazyk

reply to King Grub

Thanks King Grub. I didn't see that. Google search didn't find it yet

EDIT:
When I click on Download the Update package it redirects me to installer with date published 3/12/2012. Does this mean that this Update is 5 months old and was only now categorized as Important?

Trooper
Premium
join:2005-05-18
USA
reply to King Grub

Thanks did the method you described and it worked! Just updated two Win 7 workstations with this!

Cheers.
--
This space for rent.

King Grub

reply to tomazyk

Yes, it says in the text "the binary versions of the packages are the same".

tomazyk

reply to King Grub

Thank you King Grub, it worked for me also.

Next time the system in Virtualbox gets updates first

LoPhatPhuud
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2002-01-06
Albuquerque, NM
kudos:26

1 recommendation

reply to RJW1678

From MS...

The update has been throttled for consumer pc's so they will not get the update. A revised update is expected to be in place within hours (no exact ETA given).

Havfun

@rr.com
reply to RJW1678

Yes, the same thing just happened to me! Win7/64

angussf
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ

1 edit
reply to RJW1678

Click for full size
Ditto here, Win7x86 in VirtualBox. I even tried KingGrub's manual download, it also failed with the above error.

aussiedog

join:2007-01-10
Colorado Springs, CO

Interesting that it is shown as installed in both Programs and Features as well as Belarc Advisor but not recognized in Microsoft Updates. So if they push an update that allows Update to recognize it, it will hopefully handle the discrepancy. The rollup appears to be in place however.
--
If I can only find my keys...

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I ran the install twice on three systems and it shows as installed twice, but I am sure it will be offered again until the fix is in. I can't tie up these systems fixing what MS broke, so I will just not worry about it for now. If it is offered again tomorrow morning, then I will suggest they cancel the update.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Windows Update has stopped re-offering KB2647753.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:10

said by FFH:

Windows Update has stopped re-offering KB2647753.

Confirmed!

BoToMaTiC

join:2003-10-29
Louisville, KY
reply to FFH

Glad I didn't get caught up in this mess.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
reply to FFH

I'm still getting it offered, even after I uninstalled the loused up thing after installing it twice. Way to go M$.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:10

said by actor90:

I'm still getting it offered, even after I uninstalled the loused up thing after installing it twice. Way to go M$.

How about now?

I only ask because just minutes before your posting others have posted that Microsoft corrected the duplicate offering of this update. It was offered to me once after my initial reboot but I just left it alone. I went here »Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 14, 2012 and saw that one other user reported that he no longer receives the duplicate update just after 6:00PM. I re-scanned my system just after 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time and the duplicate update has vanished.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

LooseCannon

@cox.net
reply to RJW1678

I was having the same problem and when I looked at my update history it showed that it had been installed successfully 5 times. When it told me new updates were availabe, all I did was open up windows update, viewed the update, right clicked on it and selected "Hide update" Whalah it won't show up again unless you go back and select show hidden updates. Hope this helps