angussf
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to RJW1678

Click for full size
Ditto here, Win7x86 in VirtualBox. I even tried KingGrub's manual download, it also failed with the above error.

aussiedog

join:2007-01-10
Colorado Springs, CO

Interesting that it is shown as installed in both Programs and Features as well as Belarc Advisor but not recognized in Microsoft Updates. So if they push an update that allows Update to recognize it, it will hopefully handle the discrepancy. The rollup appears to be in place however.
--
If I can only find my keys...

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I ran the install twice on three systems and it shows as installed twice, but I am sure it will be offered again until the fix is in. I can't tie up these systems fixing what MS broke, so I will just not worry about it for now. If it is offered again tomorrow morning, then I will suggest they cancel the update.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Windows Update has stopped re-offering KB2647753.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

said by FFH:

Windows Update has stopped re-offering KB2647753.

Confirmed!

BoToMaTiC

join:2003-10-29
Louisville, KY
reply to FFH

Glad I didn't get caught up in this mess.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
reply to FFH

I'm still getting it offered, even after I uninstalled the loused up thing after installing it twice. Way to go M$.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

said by actor90:

I'm still getting it offered, even after I uninstalled the loused up thing after installing it twice. Way to go M$.

How about now?

I only ask because just minutes before your posting others have posted that Microsoft corrected the duplicate offering of this update. It was offered to me once after my initial reboot but I just left it alone. I went here »Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 14, 2012 and saw that one other user reported that he no longer receives the duplicate update just after 6:00PM. I re-scanned my system just after 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time and the duplicate update has vanished.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

LooseCannon

@cox.net
reply to RJW1678

I was having the same problem and when I looked at my update history it showed that it had been installed successfully 5 times. When it told me new updates were availabe, all I did was open up windows update, viewed the update, right clicked on it and selected "Hide update" Whalah it won't show up again unless you go back and select show hidden updates. Hope this helps

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
Jackson, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Dustyn

I decided to go with King Grub's solution, I made sure it was uninstalled, then manually installed the update. It is now showing it is installed and not offering it anymore. It was showing as an update until I did this ten minutes ago at 6:35pm EST.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Is your system 64-bit?
I picked up in other Google threads that this update installed fine on 32-bit systems... which seems strange. Way to be Microsoft.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
Jackson, NJ

1 recommendation

It's 64bit Win7 Ultimate.

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:3
reply to RJW1678

Still being offered here on Win 7 64 bit

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by SparkChaser:

Still being offered here on Win 7 64 bit

If you still have any pending reboots, Windows Update won't stop offering KB2647753. Make sure you do a reboot and then run another Update cycle.
--
»www.mittromney.com/s/repeal-and-···bamacare
»www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to SparkChaser

I just checked and now the only thing offered was a definition update for MS Security Essentials, so it appears to be fixed as of 4:07 PDT.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

Corrine
Premium
join:2004-08-27
kudos:2

4 recommendations

reply to LoPhatPhuud

Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB26477353. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version.
--
Microsoft MVP; Admin Council & Charter Member ASAP;
Visit the Security Garden, Where Everything is Coming up Roses"

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

Thanks Corrine See Profile!

Corrine
Premium
join:2004-08-27

1 recommendation

The real thanks go to LoPhatPhuud for reporting the problem and to Microsoft for resolving the issue so quickly. I just passed along the update since I was a step ahead of LoPhatPhuud.

mike34
Premium
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA

2 edits

Guess not all of us are beneficiaries of Microsoft's prompt response. I'm still showing the update on one desktop machine (Win 7 Pro 64) and not seeing it on a win 7 home 64 laptop.

I've installed it as recently as 9:10 PM EDT. Still shows as ready for downloading.

Nuts. I hid it.

JenniFr

@microsoft.com
reply to RJW1678

The associated offering logic has been revised and should no longer continue re-offering

mike34
Premium
Central City, PA

said by JenniFr :

The associated offering logic has been revised and should no longer continue re-offering

Oh, but it is.

Still being offered to me as in my post directly before yours.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
reply to RJW1678

Click for full size
Yup.
Updated six times, before I finally took a peek & discovered it was the same one.........over & over.

--
Come fold for a cure with us @ Team Helix.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
reply to RJW1678

After reading this thread, I waited to do the updates. It's not being offered to my Win 7 x64 Home Premium laptop. I just updated it.
--
Obama in 2012 - There's No Tea Left In The Bag.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 edit

»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Triple Helix
Go Blue Jays Go
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by Name Game:

»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Aw you caught me LOL Corrine See Profile asked me if I would like to update the Microsoft Answers thread since I already posted there! »answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···e?page=1 and »answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···e?page=4

TH
--
Triple Helix - Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security 2012
VIP Member Of ASAP - (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™)
Official Webroot SecureAnywhere (Prevx) Support Forum Helper.
(H59 Clan)

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4

2 edits
reply to RJW1678

I did see the hub-bub about it this morning and held off on non-important updates except for my XP physical machine and the XP VM in Win7.

Win7 Pro x64 Updates

That update is one five optional updates I didn't install...good thing I do not do automatic updates.

Checking now to see if I got a superceded version...seems I did...or did I?

Yay...

So that one is safe to install?

When I hit the KB link; »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753
it says that "this update does not replace any previous update"...and I don't see any version number.

--

My 9/11 Tribute..online since 9/14/01
Need an Avatar? Check out Wafen's Avatar Pages

mike34
Premium
Central City, PA
reply to RJW1678

Re: (Solved) -KB2647753 - Problems installing it

This is utter nonsense. Absolutely nothing has been resolved and I'm still getting repeated offerings for the da*n thing.

I'm moving on, I'll check back (much) later and hope for some authoritative information from a 'non-anon' Microsoft source.

Triple Helix
Go Blue Jays Go
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to RJW1678

If your still having the issue do the work around that Howard A. Goldberg suggested as an Answer because that's what I did and it worked for me! »answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···e?page=1

TH

TiredOfPatch

@152.42.209.x
reply to Name Game

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

It did not solve it for me.