Jackson, NJ
·Verizon FiOS
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A

1 recommendation

actor90 to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

I decided to go with King Grub's solution, I made sure it was uninstalled, then manually installed the update. It is now showing it is installed and not offering it anymore. It was showing as an update until I did this ten minutes ago at 6:35pm EST.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

Is your system 64-bit?
I picked up in other Google threads that this update installed fine on 32-bit systems... which seems strange. Way to be Microsoft.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium Member
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ

1 recommendation

actor90

Premium Member

It's 64bit Win7 Ultimate.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678
Still being offered here on Win 7 64 bit

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by SparkChaser:

Still being offered here on Win 7 64 bit

If you still have any pending reboots, Windows Update won't stop offering KB2647753. Make sure you do a reboot and then run another Update cycle.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey to SparkChaser

Premium Member

to SparkChaser
I just checked and now the only thing offered was a definition update for MS Security Essentials, so it appears to be fixed as of 4:07 PDT.

Corrine
Premium Member
join:2004-08-27

4 recommendations

Corrine to LoPhatPhuud

Premium Member

to LoPhatPhuud
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB26477353. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version.

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn

Premium Member

Thanks Corrine See Profile!

Corrine
Premium Member
join:2004-08-27

1 recommendation

Corrine

Premium Member

The real thanks go to LoPhatPhuud for reporting the problem and to Microsoft for resolving the issue so quickly. I just passed along the update since I was a step ahead of LoPhatPhuud.

mike34
Premium Member
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

2 edits

mike34

Premium Member

Guess not all of us are beneficiaries of Microsoft's prompt response. I'm still showing the update on one desktop machine (Win 7 Pro 64) and not seeing it on a win 7 home 64 laptop.

I've installed it as recently as 9:10 PM EDT. Still shows as ready for downloading.

Nuts. I hid it.

JenniFr
@microsoft.com

JenniFr to RJW1678

Anon

to RJW1678
The associated offering logic has been revised and should no longer continue re-offering

mike34
Premium Member
Central City, PA

mike34

Premium Member

said by JenniFr :

The associated offering logic has been revised and should no longer continue re-offering

Oh, but it is.

Still being offered to me as in my post directly before yours.

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

rusdi to RJW1678

MVM

to RJW1678
Click for full size
Yup.
Updated six times, before I finally took a peek & discovered it was the same one.........over & over.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678
After reading this thread, I waited to do the updates. It's not being offered to my Win 7 x64 Home Premium laptop. I just updated it.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game

Premium Member

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Aw you caught me LOL Corrine See Profile asked me if I would like to update the Microsoft Answers thread since I already posted there! »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· e?page=1 and »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· e?page=4

TH

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

2 edits

caffeinator to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678
I did see the hub-bub about it this morning and held off on non-important updates except for my XP physical machine and the XP VM in Win7.

Win7 Pro x64 Updates

That update is one five optional updates I didn't install...good thing I do not do automatic updates.

Checking now to see if I got a superceded version...seems I did...or did I?

Yay...

So that one is safe to install?

When I hit the KB link; »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753
it says that "this update does not replace any previous update"...and I don't see any version number.

mike34
Premium Member
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34 to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678

Re: (Solved) -KB2647753 - Problems installing it

This is utter nonsense. Absolutely nothing has been resolved and I'm still getting repeated offerings for the da*n thing.

I'm moving on, I'll check back (much) later and hope for some authoritative information from a 'non-anon' Microsoft source.

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678
If your still having the issue do the work around that Howard A. Goldberg suggested as an Answer because that's what I did and it worked for me! »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· e?page=1

TH

TiredOfPatch
@152.42.209.x

TiredOfPatch to Name Game

Anon

to Name Game

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

It did not solve it for me.
SusanBradley
join:2012-08-14

SusanBradley

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed. I'm guessing those on this thread still seeing issues may have had "download but do not install" as your WU settings? If so you'll need to muck out the software distribution folder as the v1 of the patch with the faulty detection is stuck in there.

And when you say "it did not solve it" ..what exactly do you mean by "it"? What steps did you do?

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by SusanBradley:

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed.

Out of simple curiosity... what time zone are we talking about?
Eastern Standard Time? I ask because the issue resolved itself on my end at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time. No earlier... no later.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

... what time zone are we talking about?

Well since Microsoft is the center of the computing universe that'd be MST (Microsoft Standard Time). I think that's also called PST (Pacific Standard Time)
SusanBradley
join:2012-08-14

1 recommendation

SusanBradley to Dustyn

to Dustyn
Sorry my bad. Pacific. I'm in California and the same time zone as Redmond.
SusanBradley

SusanBradley

And that's 4p.m-ish and not exact. So if yours got fixed 3p.m-ish pacific, you may be more accurate to the exact moment of fix of detection than I.

caffeinator
Premium Member

caffeinator to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678

Re: (Solved) -KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Well, I checked again today for any updates and there were none, so I'm gonna install those 5 optional updates and see what happens.

It made a restore point first, so I'm not too worried really.

BRB, I hope.
caffeinator

caffeinator to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678
Well, fudge.

They installed, did the reboot, then came the configuring, and it then did another auto-reboot, then it finally booted to Windows normally.

Went to WU updates history and saw this mess:

whut the hay??

So, it seems to have rejected all five optional updates?

That's very odd.

Computer is running just fine though, so I say skip the lot of 'em as they are optional anyways.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· 80071A90

caffeinator
Premium Member

caffeinator

Premium Member

Thanks, I did see that fixit already from the support link. Not going to bother with it just yet though.

If it's not a Critical or at least an Important update, I don't care too much. Having my computer working is more important IMHO.