spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SusanBradley
join:2012-08-14

SusanBradley to TiredOfPatch

to TiredOfPatch

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed. I'm guessing those on this thread still seeing issues may have had "download but do not install" as your WU settings? If so you'll need to muck out the software distribution folder as the v1 of the patch with the faulty detection is stuck in there.

And when you say "it did not solve it" ..what exactly do you mean by "it"? What steps did you do?

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by SusanBradley:

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed.

Out of simple curiosity... what time zone are we talking about?
Eastern Standard Time? I ask because the issue resolved itself on my end at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time. No earlier... no later.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

... what time zone are we talking about?

Well since Microsoft is the center of the computing universe that'd be MST (Microsoft Standard Time). I think that's also called PST (Pacific Standard Time)
SusanBradley
join:2012-08-14

1 recommendation

SusanBradley to Dustyn

to Dustyn
Sorry my bad. Pacific. I'm in California and the same time zone as Redmond.
SusanBradley

SusanBradley

And that's 4p.m-ish and not exact. So if yours got fixed 3p.m-ish pacific, you may be more accurate to the exact moment of fix of detection than I.

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

caffeinator to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678

Re: (Solved) -KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Well, I checked again today for any updates and there were none, so I'm gonna install those 5 optional updates and see what happens.

It made a restore point first, so I'm not too worried really.

BRB, I hope.
caffeinator

caffeinator to RJW1678

Premium Member

to RJW1678
Well, fudge.

They installed, did the reboot, then came the configuring, and it then did another auto-reboot, then it finally booted to Windows normally.

Went to WU updates history and saw this mess:

whut the hay??

So, it seems to have rejected all five optional updates?

That's very odd.

Computer is running just fine though, so I say skip the lot of 'em as they are optional anyways.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· 80071A90

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

caffeinator

Premium Member

Thanks, I did see that fixit already from the support link. Not going to bother with it just yet though.

If it's not a Critical or at least an Important update, I don't care too much. Having my computer working is more important IMHO.