join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Greg2600

Re: [IMG] MundoFox Channel 15 NYC/Channel 20 - CONNECTICUT

said by Greg2600:

Essentially MundoFox made an agreement, at least in the NYC market (Chicago and Miami too), to broadcast over WPXO, a NJ-based Low Power station (channel 34 ATSC). Now, that said, I read that much of the programming will be provided by the America Teve network out of Miami. So with that said, I'm kind of wondering what is going on channel 479?

I kind of wonder what MundoFox is bothering with the low power station though, since nobody can get that without a moderately powerful house antenna. At least in the NY/NJ market, I cannot imagine this one getting an HD slot, since there's no chance of them broadcasting in HD OTA. Though the Chicago affiliate WOCK has it in 720.

They probably could care less about actually being received over the air. Just get all the channels picked up as must carry by Fios and the Cable companies.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
said by tnsprin:

said by Greg2600:

Essentially MundoFox made an agreement, at least in the NYC market (Chicago and Miami too), to broadcast over WPXO, a NJ-based Low Power station (channel 34 ATSC). Now, that said, I read that much of the programming will be provided by the America Teve network out of Miami. So with that said, I'm kind of wondering what is going on channel 479?

I kind of wonder what MundoFox is bothering with the low power station though, since nobody can get that without a moderately powerful house antenna. At least in the NY/NJ market, I cannot imagine this one getting an HD slot, since there's no chance of them broadcasting in HD OTA. Though the Chicago affiliate WOCK has it in 720.

They probably could care less about actually being received over the air. Just get all the channels picked up as must carry by Fios and the Cable companies.

I wonder what type of arrangement that station made with Fios & Cablevision for them to pick them up now. That station has been on the air for years and neither one of them carried it before.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
said by matcarl:

I wonder what type of arrangement that station made with Fios & Cablevision for them to pick them up now. That station has been on the air for years and neither one of them carried it before.

MundoFox I suppose got it done. Normally LP stations are not considered for carriage, because they have garbage on them. As I said, this sounded like MundoFox may have been required to have an OTA affiliate to get onto those systems.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Here's the press release with an HD feed by year end.

»newscenter.verizon.com/press-rel···the.html