uniqs

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Re: [POLL]Which GW2 Server?

By the way, if any of you played D3 with me you'll know I'm actually a pretty nice guy. Also, some people hooked me up with gear when I switched to SC, so I think we will really have a solid group to play with.

Here's to you DSLrs!!

MaxPowers
join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT

MaxPowers to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

said by MaxPowers:

In the end i doubt it really maters which server we pick.

Considering that it doesn't look like you can split your toons between servers and it will cost real money to transfer, this may be a pretty significant decision.

Yes, but with 1 time zone, server guesting/overflow, matchmaking wvwvw, game wide economy, ect the decision may not be as big as we all think.

I don't know what buffs or how significant the buffs given from wvwvw will be, but i'm sure they won't be a huge advantage.

Just some thoughts...

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by MaxPowers:

I don't know what buffs or how significant the buffs given from wvwvw will be, but i'm sure they won't be a huge advantage.

Perhaps the whole point of a game called Guild Wars? Just sayin...

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Picking a bad server is akin to playing as the losing side in WoW every BG. Sure, you can keep playing and losing, but let's face it, wining is more fun and it sucks to take twice as long to get gear due to derps on your side. WvWvW will be server based, I don't think that the populations are balanced for the 500 player fight, so low pop/dead servers will be at a significant disadvantage. Couple this with the looming release of 1.0.4 in D3 and Pandamon... er MoP, there is a potential for significant population decrease soon after the game launches. Hopefully players will be right back due to WoW being WoW and everyone realizing shortly afterwards.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
I'm just waiting for you guys to pick a server, and I'll join that one.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

I am going to say Jade Quarry, looks to be WvWvW focused guilds joining, without being one of the full servers and stays away from reddit/4chan/gwguru ect.
Nesse
join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL

Nesse to MaxPowers

to MaxPowers
said by MaxPowers:

said by stvnbrs:

said by MaxPowers:

In the end i doubt it really maters which server we pick.

Considering that it doesn't look like you can split your toons between servers and it will cost real money to transfer, this may be a pretty significant decision.

Yes, but with 1 time zone, server guesting/overflow, matchmaking wvwvw, game wide economy, ect the decision may not be as big as we all think.

Just some thoughts...

Guesting will certainly help, but you cant WvWvW as a guest. You can chat, group and guild invite cross server so thats nice. So no, it shouldnt be that big a deal, unless you want to WvWvW with the rest of the people here, but I think many of them want to do just that.

Also, I thought I read somewhere in this thread that WvWvW was not supposed to be like a battlegroup where if one side was dominate you were just SOL. I thought someone said that after each WvWvW, the winners would play other winners and such.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME?!!? RIGHT?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by I AM:

WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME?!!? RIGHT?

I play to have fun. I have also played alliance on WoW to understand that losing every time and taking twice as long to accumulate gear because your battlegroup sucks isn't much fun for myself.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
So, my buddy (very highly ranked arena member during BC) agreed to play with me/us in GW2. He asked what server and I said "no idea, they can't figure it out".

COME ON GUYS???

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

causeeee....You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes....

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Poll has been up for 2 days, currently between Sorrow's Furnace and Jade Quarry. SF was full during yesterday's beta test. Should we do another quick poll between the two or what is everyone's thoughts between those two?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yeah, mark this closed and ask the mods to lock it, and set up a poll between those two. The winner is where our guild will be.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Poll is closed, there will be a separate poll between top two choices. Mods please lock or delete this thread. Thank you.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Also in the new poll can you add some pro's and con's to the choices so people don't vote randomly?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

Poll is closed, there will be a separate poll between top two choices. Mods please lock or delete this thread. Thank you.

I like this idea, since I am going to get in with the rest of the buyers on day 0 instead on day -3 I would love to know where to create my stuff.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
Finally.

My vote is based on that I can call it Sorrows Anus. Does my vote count?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You can call it whatever you want. Also, wrong thread.