There are only a few reasons I could see this service being useful. Other than that, it is essentially charging you money for something that is freely available and needlessly chips away at people's caps. I don't see the point.
|reply to silbaco |
OTA is freely available too, but 100 million people PAY for cable.
My family outside of netflix/amazon, etc watch about 90%+ TV (which is very little) of which is broadcast. The other 10% is a show or two, which if I really wanted could buy on itunes.
So if you use this as a cloud DVR (you could watch remotely), supplant w/ Netflix and the like you could have a good deal 90% of your programming for $20/month. Once you have to pay $2 an episode, you may think twice about how good it is.
For this to work it has to support GTV, ATV, and Roku. Maybe they make a deal w/ Samsung or the like. Tablets is the other method.
So for those who have caps (I do not) this may not be a good deal if you have 5 people streaming in the house.
So the limit is caps, not need. The point is if they use this as a cloud DVR, then there is no reason they couldn't add regular TV on there also and make a deal with cableco...
If you think about it a network DVR is going to set you back $20/month or more anyways, and that is for zero content....