TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to thcmacgyver

Premium Member

to thcmacgyver

Re: Terrible Terrible TekSavvy / Bell Story

I'm not sure what you're referring too but in the last 6 months, since we've moved into the new location, there's been a massive amount of change. It's like night and day from a year ago. Whatever you think you know, assume that's no longer the case because pretty much everything is different.

It's fair game though that the past will come up and pretty much until we're absolutely flawless for a year straight, I'll have to defend like this. But I guess that's what I'm trying to say is that things are changing and they're changing for the positive and so you have to look at what's happening in real time. Issue by issue.

thcmacgyver
join:2010-01-29
canada

thcmacgyver

Yes I know things have changed for the better, but there are things that should have changed as well.

Also fixing the portal for resellers would be nice too. So we don't have to call up to get a DSL signal check.

As that would cut down call time as well. But that's what i mean. Little things that would save time and money.
As that way, that agent that is taking that call, is able to help other clients that have issues.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

things are still changing.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
It might be because my wife worked in a call centre for many years or it could be the social worker in me but.... trying to read between the lines about some of the CSR / Client reports and all the changes occurring over the last while I'm wondering if some of the CSR's are suffering from occupational stress.

Not to pick on Dave but this account reads like someone who is burning out. You see it in the health care field too that as people become stressed and burnt out one can become more rigid / nitpicky with rules, less likely to provide access to supervisors or consult with others and have reduced inability to empthathize or listen to customers.

I have no idea what the TSI call centres are like as a work place. I have generally heard good things. It's not just about the training. Perhaps consider some moral boasting efforts as we approach the return of students to school and the increase of demand that comes along with it.
quote:
To add insult to injury, the support staff refused to escalate the call, and kept forcefully reminding me that I cannot get a refund. When I finally spoke to someone in customer service I received a lecture about the fact that the Terms of Agreement which I accepted upon signing up state that TSI will have time to complete their troubleshooting. So if the support agents, through incompetence or malice, prolong the service outage, I'm out of luck. And if I attempt to cancel the service, if only to stop wasting my time on these pointless calls that lead to no resolution - I can't get my money back.

Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan

I worked in a call centre as a tech support/customer service agent in the past and it's a thankless job. Even if Teksavvy's management team is good, the customers usually suck. If wait times are now back to 5-10 minutes that means Teksavvy's employees don't even get a short break between calls and dealing with arrogant & ignorant customers all day long is not pleasant.

It's hard to run a call centre but my advice to Teksavvy is to do away with the typical performance matrix most call centre's use, if they use this evaluation system. It doesn't evaluate employees accurately and the matrix itself provides incentives for employees to take shortcuts in order to score more points. The whole system is counterproductive and useless.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Rastan:

I worked in a call centre as a tech support/customer service agent in the past and it's a thankless job. Even if Teksavvy's management team is good, the customers usually suck. If wait times are now back to 5-10 minutes that means Teksavvy's employees don't even get a short break between calls and dealing with arrogant & ignorant customers all day long is not pleasant.

It's hard to run a call centre but my advice to Teksavvy is to do away with the typical performance matrix most call centre's use, if they use this evaluation system. It doesn't evaluate employees accurately and the matrix itself provides incentives for employees to take shortcuts in order to score more points. The whole system is counterproductive and useless.

Hit the nail on the head there... I was level 3 support at an old job.

Example (real life though i could be off on the queue by a few):

Queue @ 105
SLA 35% (for the day) _expected daily projections are 88% plus

and we get 10 seconds from the minute we set ourselves on "READY" on the phones after a call. If we are on BUSY or the end of a call for an excessive amount of time it reflects badly on our quarterly reviews. It takes a toll when it's irate customer after another.

Wait times of 15 minutes people usually were ok. 20-1 hour we had a steaming person on the phone, especially if the call was *cough* dropped by another agent as they were placed on hold.

It is truly a thankless job. I loved the job, still would but don't expect many praises. It's not ALWAYS bad. I had several customers who shot the shit with me while we troubleshoot the issues. Avoid dead air, but keep a call at a minimum. Our expected call per was 14 minutes for level 3 support.

It's no wonder our office lost the contract.

As for agents redoing tests over and over each phone call i find bad. In the helpdesk software we used (Clarify, Siebel and Heat) you read the notes right away before proceeding to testing all over again.