spc
uniqs
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011 to NetFixer

to NetFixer

Re: Has Comcast's spam filters been breached?

Yeah I hope you are right, I have been logging it to the web based email client and marking them as spam.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by b10010011:

Yeah I hope you are right, I have been logging it to the web based email client and marking them as spam.

Perhaps camper will post again in this thread with some additional information on the "hint" that was provided in this post: »Re: Has Comcast's spam filters been breached?
said by camper :

I do see one thing in common with all the emails that have gotten through the spam filter....

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn

MVM

I've been getting more spam too. Several a day, up from almost zero.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by owlyn:

I've been getting more spam too. Several a day, up from almost zero.

Possibly the main reason that I am not seeing an increase in undetected spam in my comcast.net email accounts is because of the limited usage of my comcast.net email accounts. I have never used them for general email, only for communication with Comcast, and for a small number of sites (primarily as a login ID rather than for actual email usage). If the spammers don't know you are there, it is harder for them to send you spam.

OTOH, the more used email addresses for my own domains get a lot of spam. But my own email servers still manage to stuff most of it into the spam bucket (and the small amount that the servers miss is usually detected and quarantined by the Norton Anti-spam daemon and/or SeaMonkey's internal spam detection).

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to b10010011

Premium Member

to b10010011
said by b10010011:

I too have seen more spam on Comcast email accounts recently and have spent the time to go online and mark them as spam even though I normally download my email using Outlook. I just hope it helps Comcast to mark them as spam so I am not wasting my time.