spc
uniqs

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno to bensonr2

Anon

to bensonr2

Re: [iO] New Jersey All Digital

Its true. SDV is dropped but it takes upwards of 2 months after the date of the conversion.

sdvheretosta
@optonline.net

sdvheretosta

Anon

said by ilsno :

Its true. SDV is dropped but it takes upwards of 2 months after the date of the conversion.

From what I have read SDV is a technology that will be used MORE in the future. As much as we all hate it it looks like eventually cable companies will be using it very frequently.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

I personally hate SDV because of the frequent "channel not available messages" that appeared. If I am paying 80.00 a month for a package of cable channels they better darn be there when I tune in. I was close to dumping Cablevision for Direct TV because of all the headaches with "error 125- channel temporarily unavailable" on many of the showtime and starz channels that used SDV... Cablevision just has not perfected the technology to warrant its use and I am glad they dropped it. If it returns and I still get those messages, Im done.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by ilsno :

I personally hate SDV because of the frequent "channel not available messages" that appeared. If I am paying 80.00 a month for a package of cable channels they better darn be there when I tune in. I was close to dumping Cablevision for Direct TV because of all the headaches with "error 125- channel temporarily unavailable" on many of the showtime and starz channels that used SDV... Cablevision just has not perfected the technology to warrant its use and I am glad they dropped it. If it returns and I still get those messages, Im done.

If and when Cablevision starts using SDV again they will probably allocate much more Bandwidth to SDV than before and not as many channels will be SDV.