how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON

Cogeco tweeting like they're better than Bell...

I follow Cogeco's twitter feed in the hopes that they'll publish outages there, but all I've been getting lately is propaganda that Cogeco is better than Bell because of this whole Astral purchase.

If someone from Cogeco's PR team reads this, we're not stupid. We know you're just taking this opportunity to make your competitors look bad.

The truth is, there is no mega-media-conglomerate in Canada that isn't corrupted by the old-boys-club that is the CRTC. You all stink fairly equally.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by cog_biz_user:

The truth is, there is no mega-media-conglomerate in Canada that isn't corrupted by the old-boys-club that is the CRTC. You all stink fairly equally.

They all stink, but it is by no means equal, and Bell is by far the most repugnant.

As much as I know it's serving their own interests, I don't care and say - more power to them! I really hope this wakes people up to the consolidation that is going on in this country. Bell and Astral, hopefully, will be the straw that broke the camel's back.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

The camel's back was broken long ago - it just doesn't know it yet.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by HeadSpinning:

The camel's back was broken long ago - it just doesn't know it yet.

It needs to reach critical mass to a point where people realize what has already gone on and get angry about it in such a way that causes action to be taken.

But you're right, the line was crossed a long time ago, and everything from UBB to twice/thrice-yearly television and Internet rate increases to abhorrent cell phone pricing to the destruction of local news coverage in Canada is the direct result of media consolidation and vertical integration in this country. People just haven't figured it out yet.

cablesmurfet

join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON
reply to cog_biz_user

Cogeco IS better than Bell.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
kudos:1

Kind like how a punch in the guts is better than a kick in the balls. You'd just rather something better, wouldn't you?

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON

GOUGEco kick's you in the balls ..then steals your wallet ...lol