4 edits

Rogers NEW Ultimate 150/10 With Hitron

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bb6zZoIzsQ&hd=1

Well took awhile to set-up on rogers end but here it is!!

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
I want this and I want it NOW!!!

...but its not available in my area yet

Honestly, that is some nice throughput. Maybe rogers will increase the upload even further or enable speedboost on the upload as well.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
reply to LINCSAT
Yea, gotta admit, not too shabby. Here's hoping the wireless end works half decent. Nice post!!!.......

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
reply to LINCSAT
So what is your usage cap and how much are you paying?

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON
me thinks he already blew the cap on that speedtest alone!

cool looking device.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to LINCSAT
Are you using the wireless capabilities? If so, how well does it work?

Rayson

join:2004-01-01
Canada
reply to LINCSAT
Any pricing info released yet?

DJ411

join:2009-12-31
reply to LINCSAT
Nice, I think when i called yesterday the person on the phone offered a 150mb down, 10mb up and i said yes right away as i need a better upload for streaming and uploading. But then she said its not in the area. :facepalm: So i just went with Ultimate.

But if that setup is a 10mb upload are they going to offer anything better for lower speeds? i wouldn't mind 25mb down and 10mb upload.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to LINCSAT
Even the modem looks badass.

Beermage

@rogers.com
reply to LINCSAT
Ultimate Plus: $122.99/month
Usage Allowance: 250 GB (Overage is $0.50/GB up to $100)
Speeds: up to 150 Mbps Download and up to 10 Mbps upload

The Hitron CGN2 is $8/month (not $7 like the other Docsis 3 modems) to rent or $199.95 to purchase

nirajshah7

join:2008-11-12
Markham, ON
reply to LINCSAT
How did you order this... I don't see it on Rogers website...

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
said by nirajshah7:

How did you order this... I don't see it on Rogers website...

Only available in select areas at this time, that's why it's not advertised. You need to call in and see if your area is eligible.

polbox1

@rogers.com
reply to nirajshah7
Do the Rogers Plus have this one Hitron Modem I am all ready on the 150/10 With the cisco dpc3825

LINCSAT
Premium
join:2003-06-15
Markham, ON

1 edit
I recieved a email about 3 weeks ago saying my account is eligible for this new ultimate and I ordered it.In order to be on the 150/10 you require a hitron modem, the cisco does not work as of last week. Here is a speedtest.net

polbox1

@rogers.com
Well Work's on My end Dpc3825

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

3 edits

1 recommendation

Meh. My cell phone has 2x faster upload. Meanwhile stateside Comcast is preparing to launch 300/75Mbps for $120.. not impressed by Rogers, and certainly not going to pay more for something mediocre. You can already get 10Mbps up from Bell for less than half the cost of this "Ultimate Plus"

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

said by BliZZardX:

not impressed by Rogers at all.

Certainly not impressed by the piddly 250gb cap and $100 max overage.

with speeds like this you expect to use it. And that will bring you up to $250+ per month.

This should have a 500GB cap at least.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON
reply to LINCSAT
I for one am not impressed by another gateway modem from Rogers. Will be interested to read reviews on it, but if the wireless component is not a huge improvement over the SMC and the CISCO, it could be another failure for Rogers!

Jhero
Premium
join:2003-10-10
Ottawa, ON
reply to LINCSAT
Called Rogers and nothing yet for Kanata. Says they don't know about a roll out date but should be implemented nationwide by may...

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 recommendation

said by Jhero:

Says they don't know about a roll out date but should be implemented nationwide by may...

Just got my Rogers bill. $55.36 tax inc for Express. Waaaay too much cash just for surfing and visiting this site. Rogers needs to forget about prioritising 150/10 and roll out a 10/1 60GB plan for $20 a month. I'll bet 95% of Rogers customers just want a cheap reliable web plan to run their low budget rigs on and EMail Granny......

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

1 recommendation

reply to LINCSAT
Rogers Speed! Getting you to your usage cap quicker than ever before!

Hey here's a Ferrari, but don't drive it off the lot! That's just good value for money!

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
reply to LINCSAT
What is that weird electrical dongle looking thing on the back of the modem? It reminds me of my wife's BB usb charger.

tedy

@teksavvy.com
reply to Beermage
Purchase price is $149.xx not 199.xx. Rogers Plus stores started to get the rental modems this week. No purchase once yet.

kliles

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to creed3020
I wondered that too (I have no idea...) but my first guess was that it is a right-angle power connector so that the box lies flat on the wall?

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
reply to LINCSAT
They are saying this one has better wireless strength than the 3825. 2X2X was thrown around.
--
Hello

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
reply to LINCSAT
If the Hitron is installed close to the electrical panel -- like I've seen done in many homes -- wireless coverage will be very poor.

Hitron is a Taiwanese company so in all probability they are using Ralink wireless chip tech -- so if the Hitron is Properly placed [centrally located and as high up as possible away from any obstacles] wireless coverage should be decent or adequate but certainly not terrific. I seriously doubt that the Hitron will be properly placed by the installer.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
said by mozerd:

If the Hitron is installed close to the electrical panel -- like I've seen done in many homes -- wireless coverage will be very poor.

Hitron is a Taiwanese company so in all probability they are using Ralink wireless chip tech -- so if the Hitron is Properly placed [centrally located and as high up as possible away from any obstacles] wireless coverage should be decent or adequate but certainly not terrific. I seriously doubt that the Hitron will be properly placed by the installer.

Most somewhat educated installers attempt to install them on the main floor(central), however many people still have desktop computers that they want to connect with a wired connection and don't want to buy an adapter for them to use the internet, so the modem gets stuck where the desktop goes.
--
Hello

LuvRogers

@on.ca
reply to HiVolt
$268.93 total with modem rental, unlimited usage on ultimate plus. conditions apply.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
said by LuvRogers :

$268.93 total with modem rental, unlimited usage on ultimate plus. conditions apply.

That's psycho.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to kliles
said by kliles:

I wondered that too (I have no idea...) but my first guess was that it is a right-angle power connector so that the box lies flat on the wall?

I can't see it being the power supply. This modem needs an AC to DC conversion, usually in the form of a brick. It also has a traditional power plug on the back. Perhaps it offers some other functionality.