uniqs
ricky_005
join:2012-01-17
united state

4 edits

ricky_005 to marsh_0x

to marsh_0x

Re: HughesNet Gen 4 (USA Latest News)

I used 2.3 GB of data just last night on HughesNet during the free FAP period.

If I consumed the same amount every night for the month. I would have consumed 69 GB of data for just $79.00 a month

Its not a great deal but I'm not getting Raped.

If I was on there new GEN 4 SAT 30GB plan. I would be receiving a bill for $412.00 + TAX For that price I can get a T1 circuit for $269.00 and Eat all I want, run a domain, email server you name it on my server in the house!

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by ricky_005:

For that price I can get a T1 circuit for $269.00 and Eat all I want, run a domain, email server you name it on my server in the house!

I'd love to see you try. A T1 is pathetic now-a-days. The speeds equal standard DSL lines (1.5mbps DSL - 1.544mbps T1) and cost a few hundred a month not to mention the setup fees and repeaters.
ricky_005
join:2012-01-17
united state

2 edits

ricky_005

$269.00 3 year lease.....Circuit on Ebay for $60 bucks... As for speed its not going to knock your socks off .... but at-less I know I'm going to get 1.5mb down and up and ultra low latency!

As for the experience its very good....used one for years...streaming video works just fine.

If the government truly wanted to bring broadband (T1) to the masses, it could easily be done cheaply using the copper infrastructure which is already is place. As for the current cost .... its a shame and always has been.

A T1 line for $80 bucks could be a reality if it wasn't for greedy corporate lobbyist. It would be a great deal ... than hughesNet and WildBlue would have to migrate to providing satellite cellular service for the masses .... Can you hear me now!