lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
reply to RJW1678

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

After reading this thread, I waited to do the updates. It's not being offered to my Win 7 x64 Home Premium laptop. I just updated it.
--
Obama in 2012 - There's No Tea Left In The Bag.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 edit
»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Triple Helix
Troll Hunter
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by Name Game:

»answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Aw you caught me LOL Corrine See Profile asked me if I would like to update the Microsoft Answers thread since I already posted there! »answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···e?page=1 and »answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind···e?page=4

TH
--
Triple Helix - Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security 2012
VIP Member Of ASAP - (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™)
Official Webroot SecureAnywhere (Prevx) Support Forum Helper.
(H59 Clan)

TiredOfPatch

@152.42.209.x
reply to Name Game
It did not solve it for me.

SusanBradley

join:2012-08-14
I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed. I'm guessing those on this thread still seeing issues may have had "download but do not install" as your WU settings? If so you'll need to muck out the software distribution folder as the v1 of the patch with the faulty detection is stuck in there.

And when you say "it did not solve it" ..what exactly do you mean by "it"? What steps did you do?

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
said by SusanBradley:

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed.

Out of simple curiosity... what time zone are we talking about?
Eastern Standard Time? I ask because the issue resolved itself on my end at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time. No earlier... no later.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by Dustyn:

... what time zone are we talking about?

Well since Microsoft is the center of the computing universe that'd be MST (Microsoft Standard Time). I think that's also called PST (Pacific Standard Time)
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

SusanBradley

1 recommendation

reply to Dustyn
Sorry my bad. Pacific. I'm in California and the same time zone as Redmond.

SusanBradley

And that's 4p.m-ish and not exact. So if yours got fixed 3p.m-ish pacific, you may be more accurate to the exact moment of fix of detection than I.