Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

Name Game to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer

Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· d?page=2
from triple helix post:
Microsoft has resolved the problem with KB2647753. There is a newer (rev 101) version on the release channel now. If you have the "failed" install, all you need to do is check for updates and the new version will be provided. If you haven't updated yet, you'll receive the new version. »support.microsoft.com/kb/2647753

see also

»Re: KB2647753 - Problems installing it

Aw you caught me LOL Corrine See Profile asked me if I would like to update the Microsoft Answers thread since I already posted there! »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· e?page=1 and »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· e?page=4

TH

TiredOfPatch
@152.42.209.x

TiredOfPatch to Name Game

Anon

to Name Game
It did not solve it for me.
SusanBradley
join:2012-08-14

SusanBradley

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed. I'm guessing those on this thread still seeing issues may have had "download but do not install" as your WU settings? If so you'll need to muck out the software distribution folder as the v1 of the patch with the faulty detection is stuck in there.

And when you say "it did not solve it" ..what exactly do you mean by "it"? What steps did you do?

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by SusanBradley:

I'm not Microsoft, but I have it on reliable authority from someone who works at Microsoft that as of 4pm yesterday detection was fixed.

Out of simple curiosity... what time zone are we talking about?
Eastern Standard Time? I ask because the issue resolved itself on my end at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time. No earlier... no later.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

... what time zone are we talking about?

Well since Microsoft is the center of the computing universe that'd be MST (Microsoft Standard Time). I think that's also called PST (Pacific Standard Time)
SusanBradley
join:2012-08-14

1 recommendation

SusanBradley to Dustyn

to Dustyn
Sorry my bad. Pacific. I'm in California and the same time zone as Redmond.
SusanBradley

SusanBradley

And that's 4p.m-ish and not exact. So if yours got fixed 3p.m-ish pacific, you may be more accurate to the exact moment of fix of detection than I.