Premium
join:2002-05-31
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

[Off Topic] Dear Cox Advertising Department

Click for full size
Dear Cox Advertising Department...I know you guys are trying to push the triple play, and I understand the occasional advertisement about it, but this is advertising to the extreme. You have sent me 17+ different advertisements in the past 30 days. Sometimes 1 per day, sometimes 2 3 and 4 different advertisements per day. Please stop (or at least scale it back). This is in addition to the ones that arrive by e-mail (even though I am "unsubscribed" from your mailing lists, and of course the relentless cox advertisements on my TV.

I've previously called in and asked if I could be removed from your advertising lists and I was told that it cannot be done.

But here's the real kicker. I'm not, nor is anyone else in my neighborhood, eligible for the discounts on these advertisements. See, we live in a neighborhood that has the Internet bundled as part of the HOA and we receive a discount for that. Because of this discount, we are not eligible for any other "bundles" (I've tried as well). So you are just wasting your money by HEAVILY advertising here in a neighborhood that cannot take advantage of these "offers".

You are definitely the "Mostest" in for one thing...advertisements.
--
This Space for Rent...

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
It would probably cost them more to design a system that allows people to be taken out of certain advertisements, then you have to pay for maintenance, someone to keep the address up to date and such, and someone to determine if that advertisement should go to you or not.

Or there's always just taking the easy way and send everyone everything. Hey maybe they have a relative that is moving into the area that they mention the triple play to. Hmm..let's send everybody everything! Yeah! That's the plan!
--

SouthWest Louisiana PC Users Group »www.swlapcug.com

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to nightdesigns
said by nightdesigns:

I have been getting those ads also. Thing is I have been under stress and tired. I just looked at the headline and nothing else. For awhile I had been trying to figure out what a MOS TEST was.

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to nightdesigns
Junk mail is the one mail type you can not refuse.

I am amazed at the crap I get from Cox as a Cox CUSTOMER, me neighbors dont have Cox and they get the occasional flyer from them several times a month and the door ads as well, nothing compared to what we get.
--
»FreeDNS.afraid.org - Free DNS dynamic DNS subdomain and domain hosting

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
That was once a tree.. our earth is being murdered. (sigh)

How's about we start preserving paper, save money (on postage) and cease with the ads. We all know about the bundle. If I do bundle, it would be with Vonage. At least there $29.95 doesn't turn to $50.00 a month like yours did. Your phone service rocks. But, expensive.

-Rob

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to nightdesigns
If they refuse to remove you from the junk mail list, you could always just send it back with your next bill.

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA
reply to nightdesigns
said by nightdesigns:

Dear Cox Advertising Department...

You have an interesting combination of advertisements for non-subscribers and subscribers there. Would you mind if I have someone reach out to you?

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
That picture of advertisements, is what I get every month also, It is a real shame and such a waste.

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to CoxJimR
said by CoxJimR:

said by nightdesigns:

Dear Cox Advertising Department...

You have an interesting combination of advertisements for non-subscribers and subscribers there. Would you mind if I have someone reach out to you?

Please Jim.... help him!

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA
said by odog:

Please Jim.... help him!

I'm on it.

tim85254

join:2010-07-15
reply to BryanInPHX
Same here. I throw 100% of it directly in the trash too. It's easily the same amount as pictured.

It's a frightening waste of money on a customer they already have.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to CoxJimR
said by CoxJimR:

said by odog:

Please Jim.... help him!

I'm on it.

Jim messaged me first thing this morning for more info and it sounds like this thread has landed in the in-box of the right people. We'll see how it goes.
--
This Space for Rent...

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to tim85254
I'm frightened that you throw it away, at least recycle it for less waste.

One time I got more than the OP and called and asked to be removed from the list as everything they sent was for new customers only, was told same thing about it not existing, amazingly I have seen a drop ever since....
--
»FreeDNS.afraid.org - Free DNS dynamic DNS subdomain and domain hosting

Guzzler

join:2002-09-24
Tempe, AZ
reply to nightdesigns
"Mostest" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"Mostest"??? Really, really? Not a real word (slang). Any advertising like this goes to the recycle bin.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to XIII
said by XIII:

Recycled, of course!
--
This Space for Rent...

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA
reply to Guzzler
said by Guzzler:

"Mostest" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"Mostest"??? Really, really? Not a real word (slang). Any advertising like this goes to the recycle bin.

You noticed it, didn't you? (grin)

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA
I've gotten the feedback out to the advertising team in that region, and they had already had a heads up on this thread before I sent it. One of the things they are looking at is what level of advertising was sent directly to the home, vs what we might be getting from newspaper inserts, etc. By all accounts one every other day is too much, we're looking to find effective ways to keep people informed of offers and other services. Thanks again.

Guzzler

join:2002-09-24
Tempe, AZ
reply to CoxJimR
said by CoxJimR:

You noticed it, didn't you? (grin)

Actually I didn't notice it when it came in my mail. I noticed it at the OP pic's.

tim85254

join:2010-07-15
reply to XIII
said by XIII:

It frightened me too when I first moved here in 2005 that apartment complexes, as a rule, have no incentive or regulation causing them to have to provide recycling bins to residents. Every other first-world place I've lived seemed to have it.

Given that my mailbox is a quarter mile from my front door with nary a recycling bin in sight - am I supposed to store it in my car and find someplace to drop it off? Maybe take it all back to the Cox store in a bale once a month?

But hey, we have "less government.":) I would agree that some aspects of that are indeed QUITE frightening.

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
I've never even seen one of those Mos Test ads. Maybe it's something they aren't doing here. I seldom get anything from Cox. Maybe because I already get Cable, Internet, and Phone from them. Anyway, as far as recycling goes, the only way it would ever work 100% is to have the Waste Management companies separate the trash on their end. There are some places that do this.

All there is here in my complex are the big trash bins. Nothing for recycling. I'm not going to waste my gas to drive out to some place to recycle something.

cvv01
Premium
join:2011-11-16
Lake Forest, CA
reply to nightdesigns
I feel your pain. You think that's bad, try having both COX business for internet and COX residential service for video. I've been getting hammered from both sides. Maybe not as bad as you, but it's priceless having COX residential try to sell me internet service or the trio pack ever since I canceled and went with COX business internet. "Left hand, Hi, I'm the right hand" would be nice. And then I have COX business trying to selling me phone service (That I just canceled on residential) at the bargain price of 3x that of residential. Solution? Anything advert related from COX automatically goes straight from the mailbox to recycle bin. Problem solved.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to CoxJimR
said by CoxJimR:

I've gotten the feedback out to the advertising team in that region, and they had already had a heads up on this thread before I sent it. One of the things they are looking at is what level of advertising was sent directly to the home, vs what we might be getting from newspaper inserts, etc. By all accounts one every other day is too much, we're looking to find effective ways to keep people informed of offers and other services. Thanks again.

I think the cox ad in every block of commercials on tv is enough. cox digital phone is where the INSANE PROFITS are, with all them unfees they have.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to XIII
said by XIII:

agreed!!!
--
Support
»www.minutemanproject.com/