StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
reply to Blackbird

Re: National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

Ok, I think I've figured this all out. Stay with me here.

Lead = toxic heavy metal
Ammunition = uses lead
Save the environment = buy up all the lead
Gummint agencies = purchase a lot of ammunition

QED
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by StuartMW:

Ok, I think I've figured this all out. Stay with me here.

Lead = toxic heavy metal
Ammunition = uses lead
Save the environment = buy up all the lead
Gummint agencies = purchase a lot of ammunition

QED

One problem: doesn't the use of hollow points undercut the amount of lead used in each bullet?
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

said by Blackbird:

One problem: doesn't the use of hollow points undercut the amount of lead used in each bullet?

By a small amount meaning they have to stockpile even more ammo
--

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by StuartMW:

... By a small amount meaning they have to stockpile even more ammo

Ahh...! Thanks for clearing that up... I didn't realize it also functions as another stimulus program.
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

See, when you use gummint "logic" it all makes sense. Oh wait ...
--

Rocky67
Pencil Neck Geek
Premium
join:2005-01-13
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird

said by Blackbird:

FWIW, now the Social Security Administration is joining in the ammo-stockpiling gig... Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets. Guess those geezers on Social Security out there are a real civil threat...

Geezer target for use by Social Security (don't call us SS) cops. Coming soon: silhouettes of wheelchair and walker users.
--
Panic is the new patriotism

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

Have you ever had a senior tell you "get off my lawn!"?

You'd want to be armed too

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

--

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to Rocky67

Not only has the Social Security Administration purchased multithousands of rounds of hollow point bullets but so have the Department of Homeland Security and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Sources have further indicated that ammunition and firearms have been delivered to multiple agencies of the federal government, including the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Education, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Internal Revenue Service, among others.

»www.examiner.com/article/more-fe···-of-ammo

--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Blackbird

said by Blackbird:

said by StuartMW:

... By a small amount meaning they have to stockpile even more ammo

Ahh...! Thanks for clearing that up... I didn't realize it also functions as another stimulus program.

As I recall all these three letter agency shooters where told this year they could get on board with the stimulus and have real body targets to practice this year.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJklDjd···&list=UL

We were going to make a casing mold of Heather's torso so we could make a balistics gel casing to shoot up with all our guns but this is our first time trying to life cast something so it didn't turn out the way we needed it to and will have to try again. But we thought you guys might like to see the video of this atempt!

Close enough for govt work

--
Gladiator Security Forum

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

this is not a political forum

The reality is, people who post links to a political forum (and don't try and tell me inforwars is not political) turn this into a political forum.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

Yup..real bummer...guess this is political too.

DHS Classifies New Ammo Purchases Following Controversy

Federal agency blacks out amount of bullets being bought.

This screenshot illustrates how the DHS has blacked out information pertaining to the amount of bullets being purchased.

»destructionist.wordpress.com/201···-bought/
--
Gladiator Security Forum

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8

It's unclear what relevance your post has in reply to my claim that "infowars is inherently political".

Let me try again: a man who posts a link to infowars ought not to subsequently complain that the forum is "becoming" political.

Spy
Premium
join:2001-09-22
NE
reply to Name Game

In this country you have the constitutional right to freedom of speech and the right to bear arms or the right to arm bears. Whichever you like.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

reply to dave

Let me try again then..inherently does not cut it for me..now if the post is cutting down a political party just to play politics or some elected official...that's politics...but if it has to do with the government spending and waste..that's fair game and in this case seems to be trying to convince us this is all needed for our Security and Protection and I am not buying that either..that's not politics..it is common sense. As for infowars..you might not like the place but the info was not political.
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to dave

said by dave:

It's unclear what relevance your post has in reply to my claim that "infowars is inherently political".

Let me try again: a man who posts a link to infowars ought not to subsequently complain that the forum is "becoming" political.

A news item is either factual or not, on its own merits... the political leanings of those who publish it aren't relevant to its inherent factuality (or lack of same). The 'infowars' blurb(s) have been also reported by a number of other news sources not necessarily of the same political leanings. Things become "political" in the forum when overt opinions about party or ideology begin to creep in.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game

I love it when someone posts a link to another "damning expose" from Infowars, and then when it's easily shown to be wrong they stick around to defend it anyway.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

And I love it when 4 to 5 members posts in threads only to lam blast a website . It's like..if you find info there..you've been fished in and we are not going to discuss the content.

Reminds me of the AV wars that used to run wild here..and if it was not Norton..you better not be bringing it here. Now we have people in this forum who won't use a Security Product cause they don't like the guy who own it...or it's Russian stuff..etc..

It really shows how far we have come..but maybe not.

It is also interesting that they are the same people who rarely or never start a topic..but they love to jump in with an opinion.
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Spy
Premium
NE
reply to Name Game

thank you Stuart, very much appreciated, but i think we should give her to the Chief of the NSA

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

He's out playing cane toad golf with the other Bob.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
reply to Spy

Bob? He's got some nice glossy magazines in his small dimly lit room...
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

DHS Classifies New Ammo Purchases Following Controversy

Federal agency blacks out amount of bullets being bought.

This screenshot illustrates how the DHS has blacked out information pertaining to the amount of bullets being purchased.

»destructionist.wordpress.com/201···-bought/

The redacted document you show in your post is a J&A (Justification and Approval) for other than Full and Open Competition. It is not an award document. It is The agency's justification as to why a contract was not posted for others to bid on. The redacted parts generally are names, pricing, company trade secrets and stuff of that nature. (They actually did a poor job of redacting since you can read some of it). J&A's usually have to be posted within 14 days of a contract award. And they are always redacted.

In this case the J&A for a sole source award has to do with an urgent need for this ammo. Actually the only odd thing I see missing from the J&A is a Purchase Request number, at my agency we place the PR on the J&A's to help identify which contract they belong to.
»www.fbo.gov/index?tab=documents&···d89f131a
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

1 edit
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

Well it's really hard to make par with Cane Toads

--

Spy
Premium
NE
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

But what about the President of the United States.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

I hear he plays golf all the time...

Spy
Premium
NE
reply to StuartMW

said by StuartMW:

Bob? He's got some nice glossy magazines in his small dimly lit room...

Don't worry, I'll call the NSA so that they can bring their binoculars and pantyhose to expose the situation to DOD who hosted the Gay Parade in Washington DC.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

In a letter this week to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Oklahoma Sen. James Inhofe wrote that the Pentagon had created a “one time waiver” to allow uniform wear in the parade on July 21, quoting DOD policy that servicemembers “shall not march or ride in a partisan political parade.”

So how did the Pentagon make its decision, and is Inhofe right when he says the Pentagon, under pressure from the Obama administration to advance its social agenda, made a special exception for the LGBT cause?

Some of the questions surrounding the DOD’s decision:

Was there a waiver?

No. DOD’s decision to approve uniform wear in the parade wasn’t based on an exception to policy and it didn’t use the term “waiver.”

In a July 19 policy memo explaining the DOD’s decision, Rene Bardorf, deputy assistant secretary of defense for community and public outreach, summarized policies that prohibit wearing the uniform while participating in political or commercial activities, or activities that discredit the military.

Essentially, the Pentagon decided the San Diego parade fell under none of those categories — a conclusion hotly disputed by Inhofe — and declared that existing policy allowed servicemembers to march in uniform.

Was the parade a partisan political activity?

»www.stripes.com/news/controversy···1.184120
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Spy
Premium
NE

excellent, the Pentagon now wants to have their d... sucked in a glory hole by minority members of the altar boys at the nearest church by congress. or so it seems. But nothing is what it seems, is it?

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Not to worry..when they all retire...they will have lots of cash to buy their own ammo.

»www.cnbc.com/id/48678353

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Voxxjin

Yup..sole source stuff..urgent need..only one company can supply and perform.. no it's not my uncle's company...also happens with sbsa..so what quantity are they getting..or is it open-ended ?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

, quoting Infowars, reported:

quote:
Hollow point bullets designed to cause maximum organ damage
Paul Joseph Watson

Why should I consider that story lead-in to be factual?
quote:
Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police ammunition, due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow-point_bullet

There is more in the topic of accuracy, and weapon cleaning; such that armed NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement personnel, performing LE duties, would find them as useful as the local cop on the beat.

Sounds like the usual media sensationalistic effort to boost sales, or whatever.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum