join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Name Game

Re: National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

said by Name Game:

DHS Classifies New Ammo Purchases Following Controversy

Federal agency blacks out amount of bullets being bought.

This screenshot illustrates how the DHS has blacked out information pertaining to the amount of bullets being purchased.

»destructionist.wordpress.com/201···-bought/

The redacted document you show in your post is a J&A (Justification and Approval) for other than Full and Open Competition. It is not an award document. It is The agency's justification as to why a contract was not posted for others to bid on. The redacted parts generally are names, pricing, company trade secrets and stuff of that nature. (They actually did a poor job of redacting since you can read some of it). J&A's usually have to be posted within 14 days of a contract award. And they are always redacted.

In this case the J&A for a sole source award has to do with an urgent need for this ammo. Actually the only odd thing I see missing from the J&A is a Purchase Request number, at my agency we place the PR on the J&A's to help identify which contract they belong to.
»www.fbo.gov/index?tab=documents&···d89f131a
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

He's out playing cane toad golf with the other Bob.

Well it's really hard to make par with Cane Toads

--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Spy
Premium
join:2001-09-22
NE
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

He's out playing cane toad golf with the other Bob.

But what about the President of the United States.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch

I hear he plays golf all the time...

Spy
Premium
NE
reply to StuartMW

said by StuartMW:

Bob? He's got some nice glossy magazines in his small dimly lit room...

Don't worry, I'll call the NSA so that they can bring their binoculars and pantyhose to expose the situation to DOD who hosted the Gay Parade in Washington DC.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

In a letter this week to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Oklahoma Sen. James Inhofe wrote that the Pentagon had created a “one time waiver” to allow uniform wear in the parade on July 21, quoting DOD policy that servicemembers “shall not march or ride in a partisan political parade.”

So how did the Pentagon make its decision, and is Inhofe right when he says the Pentagon, under pressure from the Obama administration to advance its social agenda, made a special exception for the LGBT cause?

Some of the questions surrounding the DOD’s decision:

Was there a waiver?

No. DOD’s decision to approve uniform wear in the parade wasn’t based on an exception to policy and it didn’t use the term “waiver.”

In a July 19 policy memo explaining the DOD’s decision, Rene Bardorf, deputy assistant secretary of defense for community and public outreach, summarized policies that prohibit wearing the uniform while participating in political or commercial activities, or activities that discredit the military.

Essentially, the Pentagon decided the San Diego parade fell under none of those categories — a conclusion hotly disputed by Inhofe — and declared that existing policy allowed servicemembers to march in uniform.

Was the parade a partisan political activity?

»www.stripes.com/news/controversy···1.184120
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Spy
Premium
NE

excellent, the Pentagon now wants to have their d... sucked in a glory hole by minority members of the altar boys at the nearest church by congress. or so it seems. But nothing is what it seems, is it?

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Not to worry..when they all retire...they will have lots of cash to buy their own ammo.

»www.cnbc.com/id/48678353

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Voxxjin

Yup..sole source stuff..urgent need..only one company can supply and perform.. no it's not my uncle's company...also happens with sbsa..so what quantity are they getting..or is it open-ended ?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

, quoting Infowars, reported:

quote:
Hollow point bullets designed to cause maximum organ damage
Paul Joseph Watson

Why should I consider that story lead-in to be factual?
quote:
Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police ammunition, due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow-point_bullet

There is more in the topic of accuracy, and weapon cleaning; such that armed NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement personnel, performing LE duties, would find them as useful as the local cop on the beat.

Sounds like the usual media sensationalistic effort to boost sales, or whatever.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

Nice Wikipedia stuff there NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement personnel have their hands full right now..»www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x6···e-report

»www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=u···pOFSJ7s4

But I suggest if they want to reduced risk of bystanders being hit they should keep the weapons in their holster cause they are not on a search and destroy thingie or hitting some LZ.. now would you volunteer to search for anytime they even had to draw a weapon in the past..much less fire it at a person...since there does not appear to be any instance of it on record..or are you just going to hope they all enjoy the rounds and call it a day ?
--
Gladiator Security Forum

whowantsammo

@centurytel.net

Forget AJ, but social security administration wants ammo too.

»www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&···=message

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

Yup..sole source stuff..urgent need..only one company can supply and perform.. no it's not my uncle's company...also happens with sbsa..so what quantity are they getting..or is it open-ended ?

The company, Federal Cartridge Company, was awarded a $4.6 million ID/IQ contract that is good for 12 months. Meaning the Govt can buy up to that amount over the year. Often ID/IQ contracts are done because the actual quantity of what is needed is unknown. But the $4.6 million is the maximum amount that can be spent.

From what I can see, the govt's current contract for ammo (also an ID/IQ) has expired and sounds like it expired somewhere in the past 8 months. It says they only have a 3 month supply left.

this contract is for the National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU) which works with both the US Customs and Border Protection and Federal Protective Service.

A Sources Sought Notice was issued back in May asking companies to respond to the request if they are able to provide the ammo. Looks like no one else could meet the amount of the contract.

Find out how much it costs for the ammo and you can do the math to see about how much could be bought.
1) .223 62 Grain Duty Ammunition with P/N: XM223SP1
2) .223 64 Grain Duty Ammunition with P/N: CS24450
--

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard

Those two are also close to 'barrier blind' rounds; more efficient through windshields, cardoors, etc. and better expansion using Fusion or Gold Dot bullets.

I'd guess $400-500/1000 based on civilian sales. They appear to have been sold as a 'government overrun'(ICE) so there may be even a better break direct from Federal. Deals look to be few and far between.
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase large quantities of powerful ammo?

Cloud seeding?

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to whowantsammo

said by whowantsammo :

A quick look at the RFQ, quantities and delivery locations indicates a similar situation as the NOAA RFQs. In this case, the ammo budget for SSA security personnel is coming out of the SSA budget.

Unless someone provides evidence to the contrary, this order is for duty carry security guards at field and administrative office locations. I would certainly hope that they'd have periodic firing range time to maintain skills and training as well as to train replacements and new hires.

As for buying the whole order direct from Federal or other manufacturer, I'd guess that's a long shot, since the RFQ has set-asides;

Small Business Set-Aside
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

needs to add women own too.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to THZNDUP

said by THZNDUP:

I'd guess $400-500/1000 based on civilian sales. They appear to have been sold as a 'government overrun'(ICE) so there may be even a better break direct from Federal. Deals look to be few and far between.

So the contract would likely be for, say, 10-13 million rounds, depending on the actual price quoted by the vendor.

Also, as I mentioned this is an ID/IQ contract. This means they can buy up to $4.6 million worth of ammo. It doesn't mean they will. Typically ID/IQ contracts already have high end numbers (cushion) over what their projected needs are in case their estimates are low. This is also done so an agency won't have to try to re-procure more ammo through a new contract halfway through the year.

Within a year, someone somewhere will be yelling the sky is falling when they see DHS award a contract for $25million (over 5 years) to replace this contract and they will again claim the govt is preparing war on the people.
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

reply to whowantsammo

said by whowantsammo :

SSA submits their solicitations weirdly.
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

No it is already reserved for small business. Plus I am guessing that the estimated cost of the contract is less than $150k. So according to the FAR, the woman owned part is not required.
--

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Thank you... I have let slip the dogs with spoils of war in your honor. I'll pay the dry cleaning bill

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA

Awesome. dogs with spoils of war.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
reply to Voxxjin

That would help explain why the 'ICE over run' hit the civilian market about this time last year, assuming that was from a one year ID/IQ contract as well.

Interesting that Federal won this one with their LE part number(XM223SP1) as well as the part from Speer LE (CS24450). Both are ATK subsidaries. When DHS starts solicitations from ATK Defense/Armament Systems instead of the ATK Sporting/Law Enforcement Division , then start worrying..........
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

Many women could fulfill the orders from their own personal ammunition supplies.

Not just for the ladies -
»www.corneredcat.com
Expand your moderator at work

Spy
Premium
NE
reply to EGeezer

said by EGeezer:

said by Name Game:

Many women could fulfill the orders from their own personal ammunition supplies.

Not just for the ladies -
»www.corneredcat.com

my, it looks like she's ready to cock that thing.
Expand your moderator at work

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to Blackbird

Ya......This whole thing is crazy!

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Name Game

Social Security Administration Explains Plan to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets

»cnsnews.com/news/article/social-···-bullets

Sounds to me like the more people they process.... the more bullets they need..
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Name Game:

Social Security Administration Explains Plan to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets

»cnsnews.com/news/article/social-···-bullets

Sounds to me like the more people they process.... the more bullets they need..

Plus... it dovetails nicely with the alleged "death panels"...
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775