Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS

Re: National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

Nice Wikipedia stuff there NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement personnel have their hands full right now..»www.gloucestertimes.com/ ··· e-report

»www.google.com/search?hl ··· pOFSJ7s4

But I suggest if they want to reduced risk of bystanders being hit they should keep the weapons in their holster cause they are not on a search and destroy thingie or hitting some LZ.. now would you volunteer to search for anytime they even had to draw a weapon in the past..much less fire it at a person...since there does not appear to be any instance of it on record..or are you just going to hope they all enjoy the rounds and call it a day ?

whowantsammo
@centurytel.net

whowantsammo

Anon

Forget AJ, but social security administration wants ammo too.

»www.fbo.gov/index?s=oppo ··· =message

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

1 recommendation

Voxxjin to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

Yup..sole source stuff..urgent need..only one company can supply and perform.. no it's not my uncle's company...also happens with sbsa..so what quantity are they getting..or is it open-ended ?

The company, Federal Cartridge Company, was awarded a $4.6 million ID/IQ contract that is good for 12 months. Meaning the Govt can buy up to that amount over the year. Often ID/IQ contracts are done because the actual quantity of what is needed is unknown. But the $4.6 million is the maximum amount that can be spent.

From what I can see, the govt's current contract for ammo (also an ID/IQ) has expired and sounds like it expired somewhere in the past 8 months. It says they only have a 3 month supply left.

this contract is for the National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU) which works with both the US Customs and Border Protection and Federal Protective Service.

A Sources Sought Notice was issued back in May asking companies to respond to the request if they are able to provide the ammo. Looks like no one else could meet the amount of the contract.

Find out how much it costs for the ammo and you can do the math to see about how much could be bought.
1) .223 62 Grain Duty Ammunition with P/N: XM223SP1
2) .223 64 Grain Duty Ammunition with P/N: CS24450

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Those two are also close to 'barrier blind' rounds; more efficient through windshields, cardoors, etc. and better expansion using Fusion or Gold Dot bullets.

I'd guess $400-500/1000 based on civilian sales. They appear to have been sold as a 'government overrun'(ICE) so there may be even a better break direct from Federal. Deals look to be few and far between.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase large quantities of powerful ammo?

Cloud seeding?

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

EGeezer to whowantsammo

Premium Member

to whowantsammo
said by whowantsammo :

A quick look at the RFQ, quantities and delivery locations indicates a similar situation as the NOAA RFQs. In this case, the ammo budget for SSA security personnel is coming out of the SSA budget.

Unless someone provides evidence to the contrary, this order is for duty carry security guards at field and administrative office locations. I would certainly hope that they'd have periodic firing range time to maintain skills and training as well as to train replacements and new hires.

As for buying the whole order direct from Federal or other manufacturer, I'd guess that's a long shot, since the RFQ has set-asides;

Small Business Set-Aside
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

needs to add women own too.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to THZNDUP

Premium Member

to THZNDUP
said by THZNDUP:

I'd guess $400-500/1000 based on civilian sales. They appear to have been sold as a 'government overrun'(ICE) so there may be even a better break direct from Federal. Deals look to be few and far between.

So the contract would likely be for, say, 10-13 million rounds, depending on the actual price quoted by the vendor.

Also, as I mentioned this is an ID/IQ contract. This means they can buy up to $4.6 million worth of ammo. It doesn't mean they will. Typically ID/IQ contracts already have high end numbers (cushion) over what their projected needs are in case their estimates are low. This is also done so an agency won't have to try to re-procure more ammo through a new contract halfway through the year.

Within a year, someone somewhere will be yelling the sky is falling when they see DHS award a contract for $25million (over 5 years) to replace this contract and they will again claim the govt is preparing war on the people.
Voxxjin

1 recommendation

Voxxjin to whowantsammo

Premium Member

to whowantsammo
said by whowantsammo :

SSA submits their solicitations weirdly.
Voxxjin

1 recommendation

Voxxjin to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

No it is already reserved for small business. Plus I am guessing that the estimated cost of the contract is less than $150k. So according to the FAR, the woman owned part is not required.

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game

Premium Member

Thank you... I have let slip the dogs with spoils of war in your honor. I'll pay the dry cleaning bill

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Awesome. dogs with spoils of war.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
That would help explain why the 'ICE over run' hit the civilian market about this time last year, assuming that was from a one year ID/IQ contract as well.

Interesting that Federal won this one with their LE part number(XM223SP1) as well as the part from Speer LE (CS24450). Both are ATK subsidaries. When DHS starts solicitations from ATK Defense/Armament Systems instead of the ATK Sporting/Law Enforcement Division , then start worrying..........

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

1 recommendation

EGeezer to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

Many women could fulfill the orders from their own personal ammunition supplies.

Not just for the ladies -
»www.corneredcat.com
Expand your moderator at work

Spy4
Premium Member
join:2001-09-22
NE

Spy4 to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer

said by EGeezer:

said by Name Game:

Many women could fulfill the orders from their own personal ammunition supplies.

Not just for the ladies -
»www.corneredcat.com

my, it looks like she's ready to cock that thing.
Expand your moderator at work
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Blackbird

to Blackbird

Ya......This whole thing is crazy!

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Social Security Administration Explains Plan to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets

»cnsnews.com/news/article ··· -bullets

Sounds to me like the more people they process.... the more bullets they need..

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Social Security Administration Explains Plan to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets

»cnsnews.com/news/article ··· -bullets

Sounds to me like the more people they process.... the more bullets they need..

Plus... it dovetails nicely with the alleged "death panels"...

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

Well a .22 to the back of the head is a lot cheaper... But then gummint isn't known for efficiency.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

... But then gummint isn't known for efficiency.

Nor their proficiency in aiming, if they figure they'll need ~600 rounds per agent next year for training. The .357 provides a much better margin of close-in error. And I think you did state in another post that the larger caliber bullets are more environmentally sound since they tie up more noxious lead...

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
Id still like to know when they are going to put back all that SS money back into the fund that for years they plunked in the General Fund..spent it.. and then put IOU's into the SS fund then retired themselves with their double dipping govt employee fund and laughed at us all the way to the bank. One of those out of site out of mind that both parties were famous for.

»www.google.com/#hl=en&rl ··· &bih=746

ksw_92
join:2001-05-13
La Verne, CA

ksw_92 to StuartMW

to StuartMW
.22, .223, what's a few thousandths? Close enough for Gubberment work.

I like the "maximum organ damage" meme though. I guess they're less effective against pianos? Do the churches and ballparks of the US have more to fear now?

As Harry Caray used to say about Wrigley Field's instrument: "When you're out of Hammond you're out of organ!"

A play on Hamm's Beer...

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

Id still like to know when they are going to put back all that SS money back into the fund that for years they plunked in the General Fund..spent it.. and then put IOU's into the SS fund then retired themselves with their double dipping govt employee fund and laughed at us all the way to the bank. One of those out of site out of mind that both parties were famous for. ...

Not to worry. Just like the national debt, we only owe it to ourselves... whatever that means...

How'd that old song go? "Don't worry, just be happy..."

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS to Name Game

MVM

to Name Game
Law enforcement is much the same for NOAA as for SJPD. Maybe we should take the arms away from all of the police?

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Your words not mine..and that is not really the issue.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
Not the arms, just the bullets.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Name Game

MVM

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

Your words not mine..and that is not really the issue.

What is the issue? LEA uses hollowpoint ammunition; whether SJPD, SCCSD, CHiP, FBI, or NOAA. Only other rounds which will properly cycle through Glocks, Sig Saurs, and the like is FMJ (Full Metal Jacket). Guess we ought to take away all of the police autoloading arms; require LEA to go back to six-shot revolvers with round nose, or semi-wadcutter lead projectiles.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

What is the issue? LEA uses hollowpoint ammunition; whether SJPD, SCCSD, CHiP, FBI, or NOAA. Only other rounds which will properly cycle through Glocks, Sig Saurs, and the like is FMJ (Full Metal Jacket). Guess we ought to take away all of the police autoloading arms; require LEA to go back to six-shot revolvers with round nose, or semi-wadcutter lead projectiles.

Then only the criminal will have automatic weapons and, of course, the general public.