Search similar:

uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

3 edits

elitefx to MichelR

to MichelR

Re: Can anyone confirmedRogers SMC Modem got firmware updated...

said by MichelR:

Sorry if I offended you with a question in a user help forum...

Guess we had a failure to communicate. I apologise for any misperception I may have inadvertantly created in my analysis/representation of a suitable avenue to discovering a solution to your predicament. In future, I will strategically enhance my ability to recognize a poster's thought processes in an unmitigated effort to fully perceive his/her frame of reference and vantage point regarding the issue at hand.....
Expand your moderator at work

Guru_i
@rogers.com

Guru_i to clementlo

Anon

to clementlo

Re: Can anyone confirmedRogers SMC Modem got firmware updated...

Model Name: SMCD3GN-RRR
Software Version: 3.1.4.45.2
Hardware Version: 1B

I am facing connectivity issue since yesterday, called Rogers CS and after initial boot sequence (which I already tried but did again) she told me to call again at 2 pm since their system is down! and need to upgrade something on router. no clue yet and im not optimistic of their customer care
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by MichelR:

Sorry if I offended you with a question in a user help forum...

Guess we had a failure to communicate. I apologise for any misperception I may have inadvertantly created in my analysis/representation of a suitable avenue to discovering a solution to your predicament. In future, I will strategically enhance my ability to recognize a poster's thought processes in an unmitigated effort to fully perceive his/her frame of reference and vantage point regarding the issue at hand.....

ROTFL! Thanks for the good laugh - I needed that this morning (really, really needed that). Looks like I misinterpreted your answer by reading the wrong "tone" out of it, as is not uncommon online - sorry about that. Ultimately my question was really just whether I needed to hook up the PC (oops, just changed to a Mac... anyway) directly to the modem or not to be able to access the configuration page. I have to disconnect everything today to install a new desk, so I'll take the opportunity to go inspect that modem which is currently far away behind the desk, defended by more cables per square inch than should be legally allowed (I have a lot of hardware...)

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by MichelR:

Ultimately my question was really just whether I needed to hook up the PC (oops, just changed to a Mac... anyway) directly to the modem or not to be able to access the configuration page.

Being as the modem config page is accessed through your browser, I would assume (yea, I know) that it shouldn't really matter which way you do it as the Internal IP address is specific to the modem. Hopefully one of the Techies on here will jump in with a qualified solution....
clementlo
join:2005-06-11
Scarborough, ON

clementlo

Guys, thanks for all the responses! Yeap! I been having the same problem... SMC modem kept disconnecting and connecting... every 15 minutes or so after the update.

The "LINK" light was gone! I did try a total reset... Didn't help at all! It worked a day with no problem... but a day later... gone back with the connection issues! So Last Thursday, I just called up Rogers and have the modem exchanged to CISCO.

Everything worked fine for about a week now.... This firmware update is a problem!
chrisu91
join:2007-03-17
Canada

chrisu91 to clementlo

to clementlo
Uggghhh. I've been experiencing this same issue. It just started a couple weeks ago, but before then it was good for a few months. I haven't changed any settings, however I have factory reset the unit and it has not helped. Anyone have any ideas? $100 a month for an intermittent connection is not acceptable.
clementlo
join:2005-06-11
Scarborough, ON

clementlo

If your modem is a rental... just call up Rogers. Tell them you are having issue... and wanted to exchange it to CISCO.

They would willing to exchange a modem for you then sending out a technician to your home... Because it cause them more money to send out a tech.

It is a month now after I exchange it to CISCO modem... and I have no issue with it.
chrisu91
join:2007-03-17
Canada

chrisu91

It was purchased outright.

the_skdster
@rogers.com

the_skdster

Anon

Looks like they just pushed the update to my SMC early this morning (2am) September 29 2012.
Software Version: 3.1.4.45.2

I have sporadic connections now. Severe packet loss.

I power-reset my modem - did not help.
I factory reset my modem - did not help. It did change the modem name from D3GN_SSID0 to Rogers090A0.

I'm hoping that this gets resolved soon as I'm paying $100 for their ultimate internet and exchanging for a Cisco modem would downgrade me, no?
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by the_skdster :

I'm hoping that this gets resolved soon as I'm paying $100 for their ultimate internet and exchanging for a Cisco modem would downgrade me, no?

No, you should get the Cisco DPC3825, its a better option if you are renting it.