spc
uniqs

secguy123
@bellsouth.net

secguy123 to UHF

Anon

to UHF

Re: Security Cams and Cable TV

My posts from my registered account are being held for some reason, so I'll have to post anonymously instead.

UHF, the combiner you linked to specified that channel 3 must be unused and in my case it's already being used. I did notice when looking at the channel lineup provided by Charter that I have a block of channels from 63-80 that are unused. They aren't even listed on Charter's tv guide or any other guide and all I pick up on those channels is static. I found this device: »www.shoptronics.com/nyri ··· tor.html
which would allow me to tune to one of those vacant channels since it covers that range. From the reviews I've read it seems others have hooked security cameras up without any issues. Would this work in place of the other modulator I tried or would I still run into the same issues with interference? From the specs it appears that it IS an agile modulator which is what I'd need.

Also, if I were to get a digital set top box from Charter in order to receive digital channels, would this modulator interfere with its signal?

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by secguy123 :

I did notice when looking at the channel lineup provided by Charter that I have a block of channels from 63-80 that are unused. They aren't even listed on Charter's tv guide or any other guide and all I pick up on those channels is static.

I would wager that those channels are in use for data such as HSD downstream, VOD, or HDTV.

If you put the modulator on there, you're likely to decimate susch services in your home.

I used to do something similar with my Xbox 360, I back fed the xbox using an rf modulator so I could play it on any TV in the house... I just dealt with not being able to watch channel 3 or 5 I put it on channel 4.