how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

unclemic

join:2012-08-05
Lebanon, PA

[Wi-Fi] Modem/Gateway dropping some WiFi Devices

I have 7 wifi devices connected to my gateway. After several hours the router will disconnect 3 devices and I cannot reconnect them unless I reset the wifi router. System is Arris model TG752 gateway. Just activated on 8/9/12. Comcast has replaced the gateway once and i still have the same problem.

trythisfirst

@comcast.net
pretty sure you mean an 862? Never heard of the one you mentioned being a comcast device. Need to make sure the WN networking code is on your billing account. Or the wireless would shut off after a specific time, it would come back temp after a reset however. Usually if you didn't pay a networking setup fee that code IS NOT going to be on your account.

sabretooth

join:2012-02-14
Marietta, GA
reply to unclemic
You're going to hear this all over. The Comcast gateways are junk and do not work well wirelessly. Best to get a standard modem and buy your own high quality router and connect. This way YOU have full control over the router.

chimerax

join:2012-07-25
reply to unclemic
said by unclemic:

I have 7 wifi devices connected to my gateway. After several hours the router will disconnect 3 devices and I cannot reconnect them unless I reset the wifi router. System is Arris model TG752 gateway. Just activated on 8/9/12. Comcast has replaced the gateway once and i still have the same problem.

Try increasing the DHCP lease time in your router. Try changing the broadcast channel. Update the network drivers on your device to the latest available. Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site. If you plan to buy a new one check the modem and router is compatible with Comcast. Comcast will not activate a modem unless it was purchased at a Comcast authorized reseller.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to unclemic
That gateway is a piece of junk especially with the crippled firmware load that they push to it. Call this number and have them put it in to bridge mode and use your own high quality router with it. You'll be much happier !

1-800-363-2416