how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH
reply to micwa

Re: Exede: Late night free zone - A reality!

marsh you already have other internet sources...so why would you need that bigger Exede plan

I still would like an "official" announcement from Viasat on this. A webpage is still just a webpage. Seems strange there wouldn't be a press release or something as this is a big marketing move for them.

marsh_0x

join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

said by OldSatUser:

marsh you already have other internet sources...so why would you need that bigger Exede plan

Hi OldSatUser
Sometimes I wonder why myself other than the web/
internet is my entertainment. No wife/job or other distractions.

Now I did drop to Exede lowest basic plan 10GB/12Mb/s $52 gives me that fast response 12-17Mb/s is common, ping 700ms Magic Jack is better than a C phone delay.

9000 HN free zone 1am-6am cst has the advantage of big downloads, 1Mb/s plan off the congestion hours usually 2-3Mb/s, congestion hours near 1Mb/s.

Ouch 3G WiFi router allows me to go mobile (seldom do) with heavy storms is no problem.
$42 was 50GB but they dropped it to 20GB.

Beta tester for Gen4 Echostar 17.
Ask a mountain climber why, because it's there.
A lifetime gadget guy since the beginning before calculators, slide rule math is intense with electronics bench repair.
Life has been good to me.

My guess HN will reconsider keeping the free zone, speculation will continue to be that.
I'd like to see if direct for Exede free time, sure appears to be their web site.