how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

CBS Sports Network HD?

Just saw test signals on 594 (94 is CBSSN SD) this morning in VHO3. Does this mean CBS Sports Network HD is finally coming?

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
said by lakerfan82:

Just saw test signals on 594 (94 is CBSSN SD) this morning in VHO3. Does this mean CBS Sports Network HD is finally coming?

This was the shutdown of Olympic BBall channel. same on 596, Olympic Soccer here.. So maybe, maybe not. I know 689 is now testbars but guide ID's as BBCAmerica HD... but "all channels" guide does not define 594 + 596 yet.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA
Thanks... makes sense

webcobbler

@verizon.net
I have not seen test patterns on 594 since they took all the Olympics channels out of the Guide, here in VHO7, but I would welcome the addition of the channel in HD. Any channel, esp a Sports channel, is always better in HD.

On a side note: I am surprised that they took those channels off so soon. It took them months to get the FiOS1 3D channel (1003) off the Guide last year, as well as changing the IFC channels and the Smithsonian HD Channel. For those two, the "Channel has moved.." message took a very long time to get off the Guide, not to mention you could not tune into those channel at all either.

But I do hope that soon, they add another 3D channel in that 1003 spot. Like 3net. I Know that channel is not exclusively loyal to the provider that it is currently on, and I really think that we do need at least 1 more 3D channel.

As of now, ESPN3D is not cutting it anymore. It is a good channel for those once-in-a-while Baseball Games, College Games, and XGames. However, I can't wait until 2014, when ESPN is in their new contract, and starts broadcasting Monday Night Football in 3D (or so I have heard). That should be good.

Thanks for putting up with my little IMHO outburst, lol .

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to lakerfan82
CBS could have forced their hand by having some big name programming on it, like the NCAA tourney. While I would love to have it in HD, I probably would never watch it. Minor league football, hockey, Jim Rome, PBR, lacrosse? No thanks. Many of those are shown on other networks in HD.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to webcobbler
said by webcobbler :

But I do hope that soon, they add another 3D channel in that 1003 spot. Like 3net. I Know that channel is not exclusively loyal to the provider that it is currently on, and I really think that we do need at least 1 more 3D channel

I'm totally with you...I hope Verizon adds 3net...that's definitely the 3D channel with the best content...I agree that ESPN 3D is getting stale

webcobbler

@verizon.net
Thanks TitusTroy.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

3 edits
According to Customer Support the next HD channel might be univision deportes network 596, I'm not sure how accurate that information is.

»corporate.univision.com/2012/pre···3h1qLTti

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by FIOS4cable:

According to Customer Support the next HD channel might be univision deportes network on 594 and 596 another univision network all in total 3 network. I'm not sure how accurate that information is.

»corporate.univision.com/2012/pre···3h1qLTti

the only one of those that is HD is Univision Deportes as Uverse has those channels and they don't have FOROtv and TLnovelas is not in HD.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC
Most likely it was a mistake

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to lakerfan82
said by lakerfan82:

Confirmed Channel 594 Display the Color Bar's and Tone in VHO-2 in Tampa.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

2 edits
In VHO8 (Southeast PA), color bars are up on both 594 and 596.

Unkown what that means

We did get the BBCAmerica HD online on 689 today.

UPDATE, see next post

johnf2
--
VHO8

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to bigdaddy
said by bigdaddy:

said by lakerfan82:

Confirmed Channel 594 Display the Color Bar's and Tone in VHO-2 in Tampa.

Been doing that since the Olympics ended. Channels 594/596 haven't been removed yet.

webcobbler

@verizon.net
in VHO 7 , both 594, and 596 have been removed from the Guide since a day after the Olympics were over.

Ever since, no test patterns have been put up on either of those channels. Same goes for ch. 1003

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
said by webcobbler :

in VHO 7 , both 594, and 596 have been removed from the Guide since a day after the Olympics were over.

Ever since, no test patterns have been put up on either of those channels. Same goes for ch. 1003

I'm in VHO7 and I still have test paterns on both, at least it was a couple of hours ago

webcobbler

@verizon.net
I still stick to my previous post. Nothing has changed.

webcobbler

@verizon.net
I have noticed today that the test patterns are back on channels 594 and 596. They were taken off as soon as the Olympics were over. At least in my area. The 3D ch. 1003 is not up, as the other two channels are.

Now you can access them by channel up or down, and putting the ch. number into the Guide. However they do no show up in the Guide, and both channels say: "Program Information Not Available."

Can this be an indication of one or two additional HD channel coming soon? Or is it a glitch, and the channels just appeared again here, but Never were taken off of test patterns in other VHO's? Sort of how when the IFC channels moved to another location, and Smithsonian channel as well. Those "old" channel were up in the Guide for months before they were taken off the Guide.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA
CBS SN - 594
P12 Net - 596

Thats my story and sticking with it.

webcobbler

@verizon.net
Haha. Here's hoping for both those channels, in those slots, and in HD soon.

sdpadres

@lmco.com
reply to Bolt1963

CBS Sports Network and PAC-12 HD?

If these two channels would be added that would be awesome.

URFloorMatt

join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to lakerfan82

Re: CBS Sports Network HD?

Longhorn Network HD didn't get national distribution. Pac-12 Network HD will probably not either.

CBS Sports HD would be nice, but I suspect the three remaining slots are going to Cartoon Network HD, ESPN Deportes, and Univision Deportes.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to lakerfan82
How are we getting 3 slots, 4 if you count BBCA, from two Olympic channels?

URFloorMatt

join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

1 edit
said by Greg2600:

How are we getting 3 slots, 4 if you count BBCA, from two Olympic channels?

There was a 3D channel as well, so that's another QAM with two open slots.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA
reply to URFloorMatt
There is no comparison b/w the PAC 12 Network and the soon to be defunct Longhorn Network.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to lakerfan82
I don't see anything great about CBS Sports Network. They usually just air bottom barrel college games.

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
This is where I disagree. I prefer watching bottom barrel (as you call them) NCAA baseketball games as they have players who are looking for an education and not just staying a year and moving on to the NBA. So bring on CBS Sports Network.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to lakerfan82
Be that as it may, if CBS wants it added, they need to have higher ratings. That seems to be Verizon's first indicator.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to lakerfan82
With the US Open Tennis Coverage airing on CBSSN it would be nice to have the HD channel.
»www.cbssportsnetwork.com/us-open-coverage