spc
uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to JTR

to JTR

Re: What's the BANDWIDTH CAP like?

When Comcast puts it right under their speed tiers, as they do in Canada, then you have a point.

But they and every other capping ISP does their best to try and hide it away in the TOS/AUP and doesn't really disclose it.
JTR
join:2012-05-19
Westmont, IL
MikroTik CCR2004-1G-12S-2XS
Asus RT-AC86
Asus RT-AC68

JTR

said by Os:

When Comcast puts it right under their speed tiers, as they do in Canada, then you have a point.

But they and every other capping ISP does their best to try and hide it away in the TOS/AUP and doesn't really disclose it.

It's your duty to read the TOS/AUP, like it or not. I do agree that not putting it out in the open is a shitty move, but it's still not an excuse.

(by the way, my ISP, Mediacom, clearly lists bandwidth caps on the order page under each plan - »mediacomcable.com/site/i ··· net.html - they also list it again in a larger table lower on the page, and include detailed fine print on caps on the bottom of the page)

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Os

Premium Member

to Os
I agree it shouldn't be hidden. But cable (and telephony and MOST other services) plans are far to complex to fit on a single page flyer, or in a few bullet points on 1 webpage.
ALL consumer have a responsiblity to read, and understand the terms or ask questions about EXACTLY what they are buying. In the case of ComCast residential accounts it is month to month with a 30 day money back guaruntee, thats about as good a free trial is you'll find anywhere.
It also current has no cap, and I'm sure that ComCast will attempt to clearly and loudly disclose what the new cap is, once that is determined.