Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to tobicat

Premium Member

to tobicat

Re: Work From Home Concern

Wrong. Going by the dollar amounts hinted at by the OP, this absolutely will be handed over to law enforcement once the bank realizes the checks were no good. That's the law and not up to the bank to ponder. The fools who tendered the checks will have their lives turned into a living hell for months, probably years. If LE doesn't resolve with restitution, then the bank can attempt to collect after the LE disposition.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

Given the amounts involved, it is also likely the op will get to meet the IRS as well.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
Washington, DC

DC DSL

Premium Member

He and his wife are epically screwed no matter what.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by DC DSL:

He and his wife are epically screwed no matter what.

If they have ignored the posted advice since the ill gotten gains are so good, they will only suffer from full exposure to the legal/financial penalties available for such charges like that of money laundering and check fraud, correct?

Umitencho
join:2012-08-11
Jacksonville, FL

Umitencho to Camelot One

to Camelot One
said by Camelot One:

Given the amounts involved, it is also likely the op will get to meet the IRS as well.

The IRS don't mess around. They better pray the IRS doesn't get as much as a dust particle of this situation.

That, or he files for divorce.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

If they have ignored the posted advice since the ill gotten gains are so good, they will only suffer from full exposure to the legal/financial penalties available for such charges like that of money laundering and check fraud, correct?

And identity theft since the wife filled out a W-9, giving the scammers her full name and SSN; they undoubtedly also have her DOB and sufficient other personal information to run up one hell of a big credit debt.

Umitencho
join:2012-08-11
Jacksonville, FL

Umitencho

Maybe Card Services of America can help them lower their debt. /sarcasm

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to Umitencho

Premium Member

to Umitencho
said by Umitencho:

They better pray the IRS doesn't get as much as a dust particle of this situation.

I have a feeling they may already.