how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2012-06-27
New York, NY
reply to travisdh1

Re: High speed low caps!

They're only 'stupid' caps from the customer's perspective: this bandwidth capping bullshit is all the consumer's fault. The minute Comcap announced that 250 GB cap in 2008 every Comcap subscriber should have dropped their service. But they didn't.

Now, four years later, Comcap is offering 300 Mbps speeds and charging overage fees. These new speeds will allow you to rack up $25,000 in overage fees in a single month.

They sure are smart caps from Comcap's perspective.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
·Verizon Online DSL

I agree I do NOT see Comcast dropping the cap or even raising it by much ( might go from 300-400GB) . As long as verizon FIOS is double in price to what there offering at the same speed tier you can bet your ass thats going to be Comcasts defense story to sell the service. I can hear it now.... Comcast rep.. "Ah yes Mr John Doe, Verizon FIOS is just as fast as our top tier and they have no cap however were less than half the price of Verizons FIOS so we save you money in the long run".

Expect this to be in the standard comcast customer service sales manual.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
japan
kudos:2
reply to 09129800

said by 09129800:

every Comcap subscriber should have dropped their service. But they didn't.

Because a vast majority of consumers are not impacted by the caps and likely won't be for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure why you're refusing to acknowledge this simple fact. Perhaps it's because you're blinded by your own alleged usage patterns?
said by 09129800:

Now, four years later, Comcap is offering 300 Mbps speeds and charging overage fees. These new speeds will allow you to rack up $25,000 in overage fees in a single month.

Silly math. I want to see one consumer's bill with overages anywhere close to that. Hell, I'd like to see one consumer's bill with more than $100 in overages.
Expand your moderator at work