Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan

Re: Is AT&T even trying anymore?

said by IPPlanMan:

Hey AT&T! Are you actually doing anything over there?

This is just pathetic. Verizon launches nearly as many LTE Markets as AT&T has in single day.

Verizon now has 7x the 4GLTE coverage of AT&T.... and not a peep to be heard from AT&T's press shills....

AT&T doesn't need LTE as badly as Verizon does.

My faux-G on AT&T regularly hits 5-6mbps on my iPhone. It's fine for most purposes. On my Verizon iPad, however, I'm lucky to break 160kbps, even when I have a strong 3G signal. Verizon LTE can't get here fast enough.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Exactly, AT&T LTE here is DOG slow. AT&T 3G is just as fast. Most of time I don't bother with AT&T's LTE and use my Clear WiMAX puck.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

yeah, 5-6mb on att 3g is "slow", but "fast" on clear wimax

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I routinely see 8-10 Mb on Clear's WiMAX...at least here. But looking at the Clear forums, lots of people complain about flakey speeds. And it's unlimited use, no caps or throttling for $50/mo...at least until they go bankrupt.

I use it to Slingbox at the gym and it works great. No worries about any caps and it's snappy enough to stream near HD quality.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to djrobx

Premium Member

to djrobx
This argument is old and tired. At&t only has 'fast' 3g in urban and surburban areas. Go out of the city and all you get is edge crap.

At&t needs lte upgrades just as much as verizon..
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Dubuque seems to you urban/suburban area? Its a small town in the middle of nowhere in Iowa, even verizon ignores it. Att at least has fast 3g there since March 2011.

RiseAbove
Premium Member
join:2004-01-30

RiseAbove to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
your ATT LTE is slow there? My LTE iPad 3 gets 15-20 mb down no matter when I do a speed test during the day and it usually gets 10-15 mb up as well.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to chgo_man99

Premium Member

to chgo_man99
said by chgo_man99:

Dubuque seems to you urban/suburban area? Its a small town in the middle of nowhere in Iowa, even verizon ignores it. Att at least has fast 3g there since March 2011.

And the IBM gdf site? Which they probably paid AT&T to do.

Try looking on atts official coverage map for all the areas not covered by 3G...
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
AT&T couldn't do that even if you provided them a manual on how to do it for free...

Matt
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
T-Mobile has worse 3G coverage, only definitely around large metropolitan areas as you said.

I doubt ibm paid att to upgrade cellular towers, even though they are partners. Looking at att IP global network map, they have service node there, so that may be a factor there.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to RiseAbove

Premium Member

to RiseAbove
I'm in a 5x5 rollout.