Premium Member
join:2007-03-11
Lees Summit, MO

1 recommendation

powerspec88

Premium Member

This is why AT&T is taking their time.

Click for full size
Even on my iPhone 4 with HSPA 7.2, speeds are great.

With my AT&T LTE iPad on "4G", I've seen speeds upto 12-13Mbps. We don't need the speed as bad as Sprint and Verizon does.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Yeah whatever. At&t just last month finally decided we were worthy of 3G service. Something Verizon has provided for at least 4 years now. And within a few months we should have 4G. I doubt we even get at&t's fake 4G within 5 years. Oh and at&t only has about 40% of the county covered in 3G. Verizon is about 95%.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

Verizon still doesn't think we're worthy of LTE speeds, even though we're in a city of 178,000 people just minutes from Los Angeles and get pitful speeds on their over-crowded 3G network. AT&T's 3G rollout was very rough, but they have generally been able to keep up with demand and speeds are acceptable for most things. AT&T's 3G and Verizon's 3G are very different animals.

Verizon is great where LTE is available, but powerspec88 See Profile is spot on with his comment.

-- Rob
bgaimur
join:2010-06-21
Royal Oak, MI

bgaimur to powerspec88

to powerspec88

Eat my dust! SGS3 on Verizon 4G

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

Don't worry! On his iPad on AT&T's fake LTE, he gets 12mbps... yet miraculously didn't post a screenshot..

powerspec88
Premium Member
join:2007-03-11
Lees Summit, MO

powerspec88

Premium Member

Click for full size
4G
Click for full size
LTE
said by LightS:

Don't worry! On his iPad on AT&T's fake LTE, he gets 12mbps... yet miraculously didn't post a screenshot..

Right now I can only get ~8Mbps, but still faster than my iPhone. Here is a old one.
»www.speedtest.net/iphone ··· 5821.png
powerspec88

powerspec88 to bgaimur

Premium Member

to bgaimur
Thats slower than what I can get with AT&T LTE...

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS to powerspec88

Premium Member

to powerspec88
Perfect. Proof that HSPA+ is going to do AT&T well.

However, AT&T's HSPA isn't "fast enough" and Verizon's 3G doesn't need to be faster.

My GNex w/ 2 bars of LTE. Check the time, btw!

3G

While I agree, Verizon's 3G isn't as fast as AT&T's faux-4G. However, they have more 3G coverage (and AT&T's 3G/faux 4G isn't that fast everywhere!) and they have astronomically more coverage with their LTE than AT&T.

Personally, I think Verizon is on the right path, and I hope they keep it up. AT&T isn't bad (they're actually great here in Texas) but they're falling behind in my opinion.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to bgaimur

Premium Member

to bgaimur
said by bgaimur:

No eat my download dust!! :-P

Eat my dust! SGS3 on Verizon 4G

Same phone, same network, I can't eat your dust on upload, but sure can tear you up on download in a city of 3 million

Matt

Beans
@108.16.77.x

Beans to powerspec88

Anon

to powerspec88
said by powerspec88:

Even on my iPhone 4 with HSPA 7.2, speeds are great.

With my AT&T LTE iPad on "4G", I've seen speeds upto 12-13Mbps. We don't need the speed as bad as Sprint and Verizon does.

In my area I can get 8 to 9 Mbps on AT&T 3G