how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jtavarez

join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ

300/75 price change?

Seeing that comcast will be offering its 300 mbps tier for $119 as a bundle I wonder whether verizon might be prompted to drop its pricing on that tier and maybe allow for bundling of 300/75 any thoughts?

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1
I'm really hoping this is the case.

I want to move to the 150Mbps/65Mbps tier soon, but I think that the right competition could potentially bring all prices down. This could be the right chance for that to happen.

Also, for anyone who missed the link that the OP is referring to: »Here's Comcast's Coming Speed, Pricing Lineup

If these prices are actually going to go into effect in my area for Comcast, I'm curious to see how it affects the FiOS bundles/speeds, as I'm not on any sort of a contract.

On the downside, they only installed a BPON ONT for mylocation when I got FiOS installed last month. But the website says I have the 150/65Mbps available, so I'm curious as to how easily I could get anything over 75/35, since a truck roll will be needed.

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
They had to upgrade my PON when I went from 35/35 to 150/65. It was painless for me, however I'm not sure why it took them 4 or 5 hours to complete (I wasn't home to see what the issue was).

I initially thought I had a problem because my speed test was showing much lower numbers than it should, but that was simply the result of using a server on speedtest.net that could not handle those speeds.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by dmodert66:

They had to upgrade my PON when I went from 35/35 to 150/65. It was painless for me, however I'm not sure why it took them 4 or 5 hours to complete (I wasn't home to see what the issue was).

I initially thought I had a problem because my speed test was showing much lower numbers than it should, but that was simply the result of using a server on speedtest.net that could not handle those speeds.

Better than my ordeal that left me down for five days without Internet and phone service. And for three days without TV service.(Not to mention the 29 hours I wasted waiting at home and the 6+ hours wasted on the phone) And the only reason it was fixed in five days was because I contacted the executive help line(or whatever its called)

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by aaronwt:

said by dmodert66:

Better than my ordeal that left me down for five days without Internet and phone service. And for three days without TV service.(Not to mention the 29 hours I wasted waiting at home and the 6+ hours wasted on the phone) And the only reason it was fixed in five days was because I contacted the executive help line(or whatever its called)

Luckily mine was only a few hours of downtime but it was 20+ hours on the phone with vz and took 6 months to finally get them to do it. So not a smooth process for me either.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

serge87

join:2009-11-29
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jtavarez
said by aaronwt:

I had an awesome woman from VZ Business Help coordinate the transfer from my residential-to-business 150mb plan and downtime for me was less than 30 minutes I was stunned because of all the horror stories I've heard from others. Verizon Billing however is still Verizon Billing