Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX
reply to WaitinginNH

Re: Verizon's Fios 1 News is a joke

Heh, Verizon has their own news channel? I never knew...

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
It's the exact same thing for FiOS1 News NJ.
They use the same studio for the NJ and Long Island newscasts so unless they combine the news for both areas there is never going to be a live news cast on FiOS1.
There are no news vans.
If they do a live report in a taped news cast they use mobile broadband to transmit the video back to the RNN studio.

WaitinginNH

join:2006-09-14
Westbury, NY
So how come Cablevision can have seperate studios and news vans for it's regions (News 12 LI, News 12 NJ, et al) but not Verizon? Verizon needs to realize that this may be hurting their sub numbers, and do something. If Cable companies have the money for this, surely Verizon which has much more in wealth than the Dolans, can afford to..

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by WaitinginNH:

So how come Cablevision can have seperate studios and news vans for it's regions (News 12 LI, News 12 NJ, et al) but not Verizon?

Probably because the 95% rest of us could care less about local Fios news.....

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to WaitinginNH
The simple answer is FiOS did not want to put much money into FiOS1 news.
Going with RNN who's TV channel only broadcasts one show which ironically is simulcast on FiOS1 news and has a studio was a cheaper way then building a studio.

PhysicsGuy

join:2005-01-02
Nesconset, NY

1 edit
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Probably because the 95% rest of us could care less about local Fios news.....

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Haha, thank you for that. My wife always says I could care less and I tell her it's "couldn't" Now I can show her this.

Teasip

join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX
And I as well. Couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, care less; or maybe I could care MORE?

WaitinginNH

join:2006-09-14
Westbury, NY
reply to icemannyr1
Thing is they promote Fios 1 as "Long Island's Freshest News" on various billboards. Either way Cablevision is still worse, with yet another channel blackout, this time WPIX, which should send new subs over to VZ.