uniqs
share rss forum feed

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
kudos:1
reply to siljaline

Re: Can YOU Crack The Gauss Uber-Virus Encryption?

said by siljaline:

I am an ESET user and do ESET support at Wilders as many know, norwegian See Profile. That's not to say ESET is the end-all of A/V's.
Simply because ESET detects Gauss while others don't or I am not aware of does not qualify me as an ESET fanboy

I know, you just have to be careful when gluing yourself to a product you don't get caught out thinking everything is fine.

There has plenty in the past called astrosurfers, fanboys etc, plugging products beyond just helping people.

Suggesting ESET is doing the job, NameGame has pointed items out to you just so you are aware, and Snowy has a good way of expressing what can or cannot happen. I don't think any of the A/V's yet fully understand this malware yet, so to suggest you are protected is still a little pre-mature.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
I don't believe I stated anywhere that by using ESET you would be a happy camper and good to go.

Where you're digging the innuendo about Fanboy, product plug, etc, it's not via anything I said.

If you have an ESET issue, it's showing

ESET does detect Gauss, should I mail the CEO and reprimand him that they should remove the detection ?

I have some trouble following what Name Game See Profile says, the comments contain content that I have to read a few times to determine if they are an actual statement or a poke.

Snowy See Profile's comments a valued, balanced and welcome.

Nuff Said as far as I'm concerned. Geddit