share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

[IE] IE 8 no URL in address bar from favorites

Click for full size
IE 8 on XP Pro no longer shows the URL in the address bar if I click on a link in Favorites. How do I get that function back?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
Had you made any changes or installed anything new right before this started?

It's not your exact situation, but you might try the solution here - »support.microsoft.com/kb/974852 (I would export that registry key first as a backup in case there are any issues)
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
Yes, I installed the latest Flash Player for IE and that caused the menu bar in IE 8 to disappear. It also caused problems with my Windows theme. I got the menu bar back (by doing a system restore) but still have black background where I should have the theme color which is a reddish brown, even on Fx and other browsers, and in Windows Explorer. System restore did not fully fix the problems caused by the latest Flash Player for IE.

Even though that Microsoft article is about Win 7 not XP I could try the fix...tomorrow...too late now.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13

I wish ya luck Mele getting it corrected and all