HarleyYac

Premium Member

Northern Bergen County

"Lit" up about 2 weeks ago.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

Verizon 4G does not do well inside buildings. My phone drops to 3G all the time at work. Its great once I get outside. Hopefully they keep 3G around forever as a fall back because it seems to work more consistently indoors.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Hi,
I work in Fort Lee and its great indoors . My home I get it indoors too... Has your area been up and running for a while?

Lee

Jon Geb
Long time member
join:2001-01-09
Howell, MI

Jon Geb to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
This is not indicative of Verizon LTE, its indicative of boarder line coverage. Verizon uses 700 mhz frequency for LTE, its probably the best indoor coverage provider on earth.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to HarleyYac

to HarleyYac
I work in Midtown Manhattan in a room that is floor to ceiling windows. I constantly bounce between 4G and 3G. It's actually kind of annoying because it always does it when I am trying to use the browser.

My Razr Maxx does it all the time. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 was also pretty bad... only it would struggle dropping down to 3G. One of the reasons I cancelled the service on it. It was not useable because it would constantly be in limbo land between 3g and 4g.

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Too bad u could not toggle to 3g only. On my thunderbolt I would just switch to CDMA when I came across that.
Lee