spc
Search similar:

uniqs
BMT22033
join:2002-07-03
Ashburn, VA

BMT22033

Maybe, but...

Before I was able to switch to FIOS six years ago, my only choice for low-latency broadband was Cox which I regret to say, I had for approximately 7 years. For many years, I paid for 15/5. Not once did I ever get anywhere even remotely close to 15mpbs downstream. I called about once a month, they sent multiple technicians out and each time the answer was the same. The service that I was paying for was *up to* 15/5. So 1/1 was considered completely acceptable as far as they were concerned. Since the first day that I was able to switch to FIOS, I've never had less than the bandwidth tier that I paid for. Not once. And in most cases, I've had in excess of what I was paying for. Just recently, I upgraded to 150/65 and still, even at that tier, I continue to receive more bandwidth than I'm paying for. Now admittedly, it has been many years since I was a cable customer. DOCSIS standards have changed. And this is Comcast that we're talking about, not Cox. But I personally would be a little hesitant to jump on this until Comcast has proven that they can consistently deliver this much bandwidth to customers during peak network traffic times. Especially as adoption rates at the higher bandwidth tiers increases.